Shalom Freedman (Troy New York)
In The Early Evening Darkness
In the early evening darkness there is no sound-
No music either-
Silence is a kind of waiting for another distance,
And all the distances in me have heard themselves before -
Life goes on,
And there are happy times-
Light comes and goes,
Days falter and disappear-
It is evening now
And soon time for the evening prayer-
May I pray it with all my soul
As I try to give these words to you.
Poet Other Poems
- 18 Definitions Of A Short Poem
- 18 Definitions Of Poetry
- A Day Is Ending and Nothing Has Been Don...
- A Day Is Gone
- A Day Without Poetry
- A Day Without Poetry/Is A Lost Day
- A Few Kind Words
- A Friend Is Gone (For Alex Auswaks)
- A Grandchild Gives New Hope In Life
- A Great And Unusual Happiness
- A Great Man Died
- A Lesson From Sam Berns Of Blessed Memor...
- A Life Is Lived The Way It Is Lived
- A Little Poem/ At Heart A Home
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.