In Search Of Alexander Pope
She who keeps instruction will soon learn a better way,
as will he who shuns correction oftentimes be led astray.
Discipline is not defined as never having fun.
Just don't do it in lieu of things you know need to be done.
Nobody can do everything; we all know this is true.
Regardless, though, what you've been told, there's something you can do.
They receive wisdom that walk with the wise,
but strife comes to those who have fools for allies.
Rather than cower from mountains too big for you to climb,
scale those you can and you'll recall they too were big one time.
Stay mindful of your actions because kids are watching you.
Tell them, "Do as I say" and then make sure that's what you do.
It matters not which rationalization that you've heard,
a man of principle makes sure his actions match his words.
Just so you know, these couplets were all written with the hope
that they might be compared to those of Alexander Pope.
William Chaplar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Search Of Alexander Pope by William Chaplar )
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Butterfly Kite Haiku, Chenou Liu
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris