Ace Of Black Hearts
In My Mind I'm Already Gone
Drowning out every single sound.
I don't want to hear any of it.
Just let me slumber in my mind for a time.
And maybe when I come out I will be fine.
But you can't force it.
Like to love in the darkest days.
When the pain is so extreme.
A needle in between my spines vertebrae.
Trying so hard to recuperate.
But the wounds are still so raw.
A strategy to find my way through this over grown forest.
Which is which with so many doubts.
Fear is everywhere.
And I'm not just prepared, I was never prepared.
Walking into the lions den without single weapon.
How am I suppose to put up a proper defense.
Sometimes this world just doesn't make sense.
Climbing in between the fence.
Hoping I don't get noticed.
Just the average guy walking on by.
Just wave and say hi.
You will never see me again.
Never see me again.
I just don't stay in one place long enough.
Before you know it I will be gone.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (In My Mind I'm Already Gone by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- don't you dare send me a postcard, Mandolyn ...
- there is a way to write to make you unde.., RIC S. BASTASA
- in Vietnam i had noodles, RIC S. BASTASA
- someone who never drops you, RIC S. BASTASA
- who can love and who is loved?, RIC S. BASTASA
- to know what is real from the unreal, RIC S. BASTASA
- HUMANIZE WITH ME, RIC S. BASTASA
- THE BOTHER, RIC S. BASTASA
- In Fantasia, Harry Freeman
- The Price of Gold, Achill Ladd
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns