Ace Of Black Hearts
In My Mind I'm Already Gone
Drowning out every single sound.
I don't want to hear any of it.
Just let me slumber in my mind for a time.
And maybe when I come out I will be fine.
But you can't force it.
Like to love in the darkest days.
When the pain is so extreme.
A needle in between my spines vertebrae.
Trying so hard to recuperate.
But the wounds are still so raw.
A strategy to find my way through this over grown forest.
Which is which with so many doubts.
Fear is everywhere.
And I'm not just prepared, I was never prepared.
Walking into the lions den without single weapon.
How am I suppose to put up a proper defense.
Sometimes this world just doesn't make sense.
Climbing in between the fence.
Hoping I don't get noticed.
Just the average guy walking on by.
Just wave and say hi.
You will never see me again.
Never see me again.
I just don't stay in one place long enough.
Before you know it I will be gone.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (In My Mind I'm Already Gone by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Insanity 2, Daimon Bagley
- Insanity, Daimon Bagley
- Words with no Rhyme or Reason, Holly Wotherspoon
- Who Am I Here? #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- To My Wife, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Where I Am #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- Darkness #2, Holly Wotherspoon
- Last Minute Christmas Eve 1964, mary douglas
- Darkness #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- I Don't Want, Michael P. McParland