In My Dreams
In my dreams I am always saying goodbye and riding away,
Whither and why I know not nor do I care.
And the parting is sweet and the parting over is sweeter,
And sweetest of all is the night and the rushing air.
In my dreams they are always waving their hands and saying goodbye,
And they give me the stirrup cup and I smile as I drink,
I am glad the journey is set, I am glad I am going,
I am glad, I am glad, that my friends don't know what I think.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In My Dreams by Stevie Smith )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Worshiping with Deer, Bill Grace
- Serves Right, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- To My Best Enemy, Electric Lady
- Thy life, binod bastola
- Never Give Up, Sandra Feldman
- To a Muslim Assalam to a Hindu Ram Ram, Akhtar Jawad
- Enchanted Evening, The Princess
- Into The Past, Randy McClave
- Got The Feeling, Arthur Moore
- When I am alone, gajanan mishra