The white convolvulus, sweet, fragile flower
Ope'slits pure petals at day's tenderest hour,
And they who gaze upon its virgin face,
Know God is good, and take fresh heart of grace.
Al morn a joy, at eve a mem'ry sweet,
For it is death-struck by the noontide heat ;Fix this text
How fair, how frail, how fated, and ah me !
How true an emblem, dear dead girl of thee.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Memoriam by Louisa Lawson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...
- Live to Sleep, Robert Kane
- Devil Tree, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- My Translations!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- It's an illusion, Gopikrishnan Nair