In Golden Dreams
A tender day,
My heart belonged to you...
I imagined so hard,
of the mysteries,
That would follow...
When one can take time
and spin it-
Into golden dreams.
And so, in youthful acceptance
I did believe...
That I carried the key to your heart...As you mine...
after so many
passions of meaningless
Your voice, at long last-
called to me...
So how was I to believe-
a promise made
was to be kept?
And thru my own heart,
I broke yours.
Now here I sit,
And the haunted memories...
Of all I lost,
themselves once more...
I call myself -
the Biggest Fool...
You must be laughing -
after all this time-
Did I do you a favor?
Releasing you from your honor-
of keeping a promise
made to a child?
Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Golden Dreams by Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts )
- My Burning Feet, Cindy Howard
- Hands of labor, Nassy Fesharaki
- 강남오피 >>(밤의전쟁) << BAMWAR3.COM, sarah wight1
- Another Day With You, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Waiting for winter., David Lessard
- That Was Then..., David Lewis Paget
- There Are So Many Things..., Dr John Celes
- For Alex in Winter, Neal Beightol
- Last Words, Josilinia Plyman
- Bogus Are Your Deeds, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)