In Golden Dreams
A tender day,
My heart belonged to you...
I imagined so hard,
of the mysteries,
That would follow...
When one can take time
and spin it-
Into golden dreams.
And so, in youthful acceptance
I did believe...
That I carried the key to your heart...As you mine...
after so many
passions of meaningless
Your voice, at long last-
called to me...
So how was I to believe-
a promise made
was to be kept?
And thru my own heart,
I broke yours.
Now here I sit,
And the haunted memories...
Of all I lost,
themselves once more...
I call myself -
the Biggest Fool...
You must be laughing -
after all this time-
Did I do you a favor?
Releasing you from your honor-
of keeping a promise
made to a child?
Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Golden Dreams by Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- To dictators, Simon Grayman
- UFC 183: Watch Anderson Silva vs Nick Di.., Renz Barns
- The Dark Side, Sandra Feldman
- Chasing Constellations, Russell Nero
- Aroma, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Illusion, Noah Body
- Leprae, Brave Hearts
- In the Green are Emotions, Rohit Sapra
- Heart Beat Outpaced xx xxx xx Impro.., Lee Mack
- When a letter to my love will not just do, Rob Spiering