On impulse drown your sorrow
and misery, behind the bottle
of pills you stash beneath your pillow
calling out for no tomorrow.
On impulse force the blade
of cold steel through your vein
enjoy the feeling, let it reign
Infinite pleasure wrapped in pain
Impulse drives you to put the gun
To your head, thumb the hammer when
voices whisper, 'Pull the trigger, your life
is pointless, and death is fun.'
Your impulse puts your neck in
the noose, and coaxes you to kick away
the chair, end your worthless existence,
and embrace the arms of darkness.
Impulse will put an end
to you, finish the pain of false
reality, wrap you in death and
steal away your life.
Impulse asks, 'What are you
waiting for? Give in to me and
the aching will end, replaced by the
sweet nothing of your own demise.'
Cooper Gilliland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Impulse by Cooper Gilliland )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Maddening Dance, Tony Adah
- Alternative Prayer, Phil Soar
- I appear, gajanan mishra
- Young Wife's Longing, Paul Sebastian
- Ants Crawling, Naveed Akram
- applying online, lee fones
- Stay not away, gajanan mishra
- Ah! Little Woodlouse - Are You Unreal?, Brian P FitzGerald
- You Will Always Learn, Naveed Akram
- What can I do, gajanan mishra