Importance of Rain
Through rain’s pouring source
The world maintains its course
Rain in itself is a food
And it verily produces precious food.
If clouds with hold the promised rain
Hunger and distress in the world reign
If clouds impart the bounteous rain
It restores hunger’s gnawing pain.
If no drops of rain are shed
Even the blades of grass are dead
If clouds curb their gifts
Even wealth of wide sea drifts.
If the sky becomes practically dry
Offerings are nil even to God in heaven high
If the clouds their waters cease
People cannot offer alms to ease.
In Hindu tradition as God Himself, is rain regarded
And as “Varuna Bhagavan” is deified and denoted!
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
It was authored by Saint Thiruvalluvar, a great Tamil Poet who lived 30years before Christ.
It has been translated in over 60 languages of the world.
Comments about this poem (Importance of Rain by chandra thiagarajan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Feeling Of Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Existing Transcendentally, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Yam, Tony Adah
- What If a Poet Doesn't Like His Own Poet.., Monk E. Biz
- Forewarning Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- PERFECTION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- I salute you, poets, gajanan mishra
- समनि नायथाय- 04, Ronjoy Brahma
- White elephant, gajanan mishra
- PROMISE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov