We call ourselves lovers,
but all we do is cause pain within each other's hearts.
We show the hurt in our words and our eyes to one another; we call this trust.
Only, when we do this, we just show how imperfect our lover is, because nothing they do will ever take away the pain.
They could trace their lips upon my sweet blushed skin and whisper the sweetest nothings to make my heart stop and race,
but they will never take away the crippling depression I face every night, when the mind is most active and alone.
I could write him, poem by poem,
and he'd read every syllable over and over before bed,
but that will not take away his living memories.
No matter how much a person could care,
It'll only take off the edge for awhile now and then,
until we both crumble in each other's arms; until we become the fragments of our beautiful, lonely distressed romance.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Imperfections by Jozee Huber )
- Jadavpur Universiy Campus Turf, Romeo An.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Let Me Display Your Pennant , Jonathan ROBIN
- UNTIL THEN, TIJANI ADEBOWALE DESTINY
- Life is a chasing game,, Aftab Alam
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)