He gave me flesh to wear.
That by dust I may accomplish my mission.
If not, I must leave this world.
That others may continue from where i stopped.
For Moses died and was burried.
Elijah did not but left in a chariot of wheels.
So you must die or leave the world for others.
For this is an Almighty order.
So now that old age is blurred.
That i have the synergy to work.
I have to start from the scripture.
For in it I will accomplish my mission.
Then I will nicely take my bath.
And wear another nice shirt.
Made in the country of Heaven.
If you don't know, ask and I will tell you.
Ebi Robert's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IMMORTALITY by Ebi Robert )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Sir Rabindranath Tagore