He gave me flesh to wear.
That by dust I may accomplish my mission.
If not, I must leave this world.
That others may continue from where i stopped.
For Moses died and was burried.
Elijah did not but left in a chariot of wheels.
So you must die or leave the world for others.
For this is an Almighty order.
So now that old age is blurred.
That i have the synergy to work.
I have to start from the scripture.
For in it I will accomplish my mission.
Then I will nicely take my bath.
And wear another nice shirt.
Made in the country of Heaven.
If you don't know, ask and I will tell you.
Ebi Robert's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IMMORTALITY by Ebi Robert )
- The Eternal Moment, Yohan Confectioner
- Drinks, Yohan Confectioner
- Adolescence, Yohan Confectioner
- Stillness, Yohan Confectioner
- Time In History, George Egba
- Jadavpur University Campus, The Coffee H.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Nature To You, Yohan Confectioner
- Dreams Come, Yohan Confectioner
- ZZ Bomb Abroad. Spank At Home, Saiom Shriver
- Dreams Go, Yohan Confectioner
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)