He gave me flesh to wear.
That by dust I may accomplish my mission.
If not, I must leave this world,
so others may continue from where I stopped.
For Moses died and was buried.
Elijah did not but left in a chariot of wheels.
So you must die or leave the world for others.
For this is an Almighty order.
So now that old age is blurred.
That I have the synergy to work.
I have to start from the scripture.
For in it I will accomplish my mission.
Then I will nicely take my bath.
And wear another nice shirt,
made in the country of Heaven.
If you don't know, ask and I will tell you.
Ebi Robert's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IMMORTALITY by Ebi Robert )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Don't Know If History Repeats Itself, Yehuda Amichai
- Limerick: There was a young person whose.., Edward Lear
- school, logan dillie
- THE MOMENT (BARACK HUSSAIN OBAMA’S INAUG.., sania harris
- Account, Czeslaw Milosz
Poem of the Day
- Winds Of Winter, Luo Zhihai
- Uncle Styopa part2 by N. Mickhalkov, Yuri Starostin
- Secret Loves, Sandra Feldman
- Structural Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Winter, Sara Grace Je'tom Bradley
- Life's trash, Yisel Chong
- I Just, Michael P. McParland
- What She Is, Levi Crum
- I Am So Tired, Michael P. McParland
- Sacrafice, Levi Crum