RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Solemnly moving into the darkness ahead, not knowing what
will be forthcoming.
Going forward anyway, pushing aside all fears and doubts,
being enticed into it's depths.
Truly exploring with all senses, looking and peering into
it's blackened presence, sensing feelings and emotions,
hiding within my heart.
Now seeing with the brilliance of an illuminating shyness,
the love that penetrates my being.
Coming straight from another, standing always in front of
me and now just noticing, as I retreat from the darkness
and into startling awakening thoughts.
Pulsing interiorly, walking towards beauty of an uncondi-
tional love being shared by one another, now alight and
out in the open.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Illuminating Shyness by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Science and Religion, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- ............. Traveling To Meet Minor In.., Is It Poetry
- So Much More, Sandra Feldman
- 157. An Ex's Word Is Easily Broken, John Westlake
- Kiss Me, Adriana Avilaa
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
- If Your Reflection Could Kill, Russell Nero
- The blues, blaz zigon
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
Poem of the Day
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)