Darren David Weaver
Ill features lurk around each corner
Good seems way off beam,
Living future times
Sinking in the present.
Grand plans with a hollow centre
Repentance the earth shaker,
A vision undiscovered
Snakes patiently wait at your feet
Craving, your blood's so sweet,
Driver at your wheel
Learning not to feel,
Numb bodies flood throughout
Still losing a biased bout.
Taking flight with rusty wings
Ignorance causes other things.
Topic of this poem: carpe diem
Darren David Weaver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ignorance by Darren David Weaver )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(563 BCE - 483 BCE)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Familiar Letter, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Wedding Anniversary Wishes -Bhaiya Bhabh.., Priya Arora
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
Poem of the Day
- Silent Light, William Waterway
- Birthday, Gunde Narsing Rao
- Devil, Emranor Reja
- Elegy for Tomorrow, Jahred Bertolfo
- In a way all are slaves., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- To vent anger, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fate, Free Will and God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 13, Michael P. McParland
- Many Good Reasons To Cry, Bill Galvin
- Committing To A Cause, RoseAnn V. Shawiak