Someone tell me it isn't the truth—
Who could imagine a slaughter this magnitude?
People's passions viciously fused
For the worst of reasons to be used.
A war between ideas, far and near,
Yet both sides have reasons to be feared.
Populations ignorant of religion's steer—
Infiltrated by extremists in political careers.
How many must die before we realize
That punishment and "justice" combine to form a lie?
Humans are known for their ability to idealize,
Yet many still mourn their loved one's side.
Educate and compensate visionaries of a new world.
Do not hesitate, but make haste to unfurl
A tabula rasa engraved with messages of pearls
Hidden in the ocean, but longing to be murals.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ignorance by Edwin Cordero )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- When is tomorrow, Victor Cruickshank
- This Special Gift, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sonnet.3. Our Home, Valsa George
- Dreaming Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Perfection is unattainable, Victor Cruickshank
- Sorry I came but I must come, Victor Cruickshank
- Accepting You, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- No Survivors, Victor Cruickshank
- Accumulation Of Essence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When, Victor Cruickshank