If only life was easy, no obstacles to face,
Shoulder to shoulder, united in peace,
One loving human race.
If only we could press rewind,
Relive our lives once more,
Erase the many mistakes we've made,
Then give it another go.
They say our dear departed,
Go to a better place,
If only to see them one more time,
To touch their smiling face.
Cancer, the silent killer,
It brings such pain and sorrow,
If only there was a cure,
If only one tomorrow.
Many words are spoken,
So many are said in haste,
If only we hadn't opened our mouths,
For friendships too good to waste.
If only our wishes were granted,
To get the things we need,
Wouldn't it be such a wonderful place,
Such a pleasant one indeed.
If Only x
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If Only by Jayne Davies )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa
- pop prose that turns to poo, Mandolyn ...