Lawrence S. Pertillar
IF Maturity Was Involved
Paranoid, hypocritical and self-righteous.
With a mix of self-centeredness,
And statistics gathered on a daily basis...
To depict percentages of which races sit,
In categories to ensure themselves on top of it...
Just to keep others reminded,
In divisions they have created to inflict...
That racial disparaties kept documented,
Are for purposes only to have their insecurities...
Not observed as the cause or their flawed mentalities,
As main reasons conflicts are permitted to exist.
IF maturity was involved in any of this,
One's intelligence, color of skin or religious preference...
Would be accepted as benefits to achieve a united humanity,
To undo and rid all the nonsense.
This perspective is dismissed as a sickness is permitted,
With no cure to heal or mend...
The foolishness of hatred,
That has diseased the mindset of the people.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IF Maturity Was Involved by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- The Festival of Lights, Deepawali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- To Loving Partha Sarothi -A Token Of Love., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Picking At Sores, Kyle Schlicher
- Crazy, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- National Festival, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- I Must Make Preparations, Kyle Schlicher
- Aftermath…, LALITHA JOSEPH
- THE FUNERAL RAM, john chizoba vincent
- I Am Tired Before My Time, Kyle Schlicher
- If I Could, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)