Lawrence S. Pertillar
IF Maturity Was Involved
Paranoid, hypocritical and self-righteous.
With a mix of self-centeredness,
And statistics gathered on a daily basis...
To depict percentages of which races sit,
In categories to ensure themselves on top of it...
Just to keep others reminded,
In divisions they have created to inflict...
That racial disparaties kept documented,
Are for purposes only to have their insecurities...
Not observed as the cause or their flawed mentalities,
As main reasons conflicts are permitted to exist.
IF maturity was involved in any of this,
One's intelligence, color of skin or religious preference...
Would be accepted as benefits to achieve a united humanity,
To undo and rid all the nonsense.
This perspective is dismissed as a sickness is permitted,
With no cure to heal or mend...
The foolishness of hatred,
That has diseased the mindset of the people.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IF Maturity Was Involved by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Step Back!, Monk E. Biz
- Sajak Hening Buat Franky Sahilatua (Indo.., Imam Setiaji Ronoatmojo
- Love Your Neighbor, Roxanne Dubarry
- Hidden Voice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Francine, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The face of a young woman in pink, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Segundas/Sobre reudas, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Snail Talk for Rosemary, Daniel Brick
- Dear Greg, Roxanne Dubarry
- Rosy flower, hasmukh amathalal