If Its Dead
She dragged her heavy feet,
As she slowly walked into the
It felt like she was carrying the Entire world on her shoulders
She threw her body on the stool
Next to the bed
Stretched her arms and took hold
Of the relationship on the death bed
She looked intently at the piece
Of meat on the death bed
And couldn't believe that her
Relationship with her friend was dying
The relationship that was so
Healthy was now as dry as biltong
A couple minutes later
The relationship took its last breath
She took in a deep breath and exhaled
Kissed it on the forehead
Looked at the dead relationship
For the last time and walked out
The relationship with her friend
Was dead and there was nothing
She could do about it.
If it's dead, let it die
Why feed something that is dead?
Why waste energy on something
That is dead?
You cannot hang out with a corpse
If it's dead, let it die!
Itai Oscar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If Its Dead by Itai Oscar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- went a walk, lee fones
- The Moon's Present Woe, cheryl davis miller
- Funeral, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mount Patsy Land, Richard Thripp
- dOnE - Paying kEtCh uP, sEaN nOrTh
- Laid as wreath, hasmukh amathalal
- The Coconut, Meena Somasundaram
- O Mother Palestine, Abdul Munim
- With cowardice, hasmukh amathalal
- swimming, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..