If I Had a Heart
Proton, electron, neutron.
The hammer and nails of the new era.
All combining in shapes and arrangements,
Making the universe, making me.
I am but an existence of smaller parts,
Most of which are empty space.
So many, so many many pieces
Bonding together making things of
Love. Anger. Despair.
And in all this madness,
This neverending timespace
Comes a young bright man,
Sitting at a computer,
Paying attention more to the
Emptiness of the atom,
Than the magic it provides.
Lee Gelis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If I Had a Heart by Lee Gelis )
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan