Lawrence S. Pertillar
If Commitment Isn't Pursued
One can only recommend to another,
Of other choices one can make.
Than denying a way of life taken,
Will not deliver long lasting benefits...
To one who settles for that which is faked.
But emotions sometimes can replace,
A rational point of view.
And I know too well,
This to be true.
Although a doing is difficult,
With attempts to face reality.
But a clearing of a mind eventually comes,
With a removing of those blues...
Confronted by some with a doing done.
If commitment isn't pursued,
Those who enjoy the sound of the blues...
Will always find that perfect place,
Where others have chosen to do the same thing too.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If Commitment Isn't Pursued by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck
- Turn Your Back, Tyrone Gayle
- My name is Death, Roxanne Dubarry
- Paleolithic Mermaid, Robert Rorabeck