Lawrence S. Pertillar
If Commitment Isn't Pursued
One can only recommend to another,
Of other choices one can make.
Than denying a way of life taken,
Will not deliver long lasting benefits...
To one who settles for that which is faked.
But emotions sometimes can replace,
A rational point of view.
And I know too well,
This to be true.
Although a doing is difficult,
With attempts to face reality.
But a clearing of a mind eventually comes,
With a removing of those blues...
Confronted by some with a doing done.
If commitment isn't pursued,
Those who enjoy the sound of the blues...
Will always find that perfect place,
Where others have chosen to do the same thing too.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If Commitment Isn't Pursued by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything But God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (Acrostic Poem), Marvin Brato Sr