Lawrence S. Pertillar
If Commitment Isn't Pursued
One can only recommend to another,
Of other choices one can make.
Than denying a way of life taken,
Will not deliver long lasting benefits...
To one who settles for that which is faked.
But emotions sometimes can replace,
A rational point of view.
And I know too well,
This to be true.
Although a doing is difficult,
With attempts to face reality.
But a clearing of a mind eventually comes,
With a removing of those blues...
Confronted by some with a doing done.
If commitment isn't pursued,
Those who enjoy the sound of the blues...
Will always find that perfect place,
Where others have chosen to do the same thing too.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If Commitment Isn't Pursued by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Criminal V, Khalil Gibran
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
Poem of the Day
- leaving the dream ajar, Mandolyn ...
- Androids in my Dream, Rachel Nichols
- The Day Before Christmas 1968, Kyle Schlicher
- Tocaña, Nassy Fesharaki
- Haze your Dream, Antonio Liao
- With gun yielding, hasmukh amathalal
- Along with many, hasmukh amathalal
- No other culture, hasmukh amathalal
- A Splendor Beauty, Hanh Chau
- With all, hasmukh amathalal