If my heart followed you...
Where would my feet be?
Would I be able to remember?
Would I find a way to embrace you?
If I took the time to run...
And hang on to the trails you blaze-
took the moment given me-
Place your heart in mine...
How would you know love?
If love had never come before?
How would I?
Not fool myself-once more?
If love is real
And not just an emotion-
If love is more
Than starry eyed devotion...
Oh if...Time...Be my friend...
And seasons too...
And love come calling...
Drawn to a sweeter revelation...
As I wonder if...Love...can be true...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IF... by Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Oliver Wendell Holmes
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Music, Walter de la Mare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Bulbous red, GRANT FRASER
- Coming future, Luv Artem
- One Christmas Eve From The North...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Cream Dream Catharsis, Joseph Archer
- Public convienences, GRANT FRASER
- The Man, Victor Kretzie
- Again, Joseph Archer
- the business of cuisine, oskar hansen
- For You And I, Edward Kofi Louis
- Crucifixion of th' Soul..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR