If my heart followed you...
Where would my feet be?
Would I be able to remember?
Would I find a way to embrace you?
If I took the time to run...
And hang on to the trails you blaze-
took the moment given me-
Place your heart in mine...
How would you know love?
If love had never come before?
How would I?
Not fool myself-once more?
If love is real
And not just an emotion-
If love is more
Than starry eyed devotion...
Oh if...Time...Be my friend...
And seasons too...
And love come calling...
Drawn to a sweeter revelation...
As I wonder if...Love...can be true...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IF... by Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts )
- food walk, lee fones
- The Now., RAJ VIKRAM
- The technique of survival., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Gift Logic Can't Buy, Donal Mahoney
- Rain-A Mirror, RAJ VIKRAM
- My Hero, Electric Lady
- A Drive, Kai Wendland
- a heart full of love..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Poppy Flower, Zubair Ali
- Remembrance., RAJ VIKRAM
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)