If my heart followed you...
Where would my feet be?
Would I be able to remember?
Would I find a way to embrace you?
If I took the time to run...
And hang on to the trails you blaze-
took the moment given me-
Place your heart in mine...
How would you know love?
If love had never come before?
How would I?
Not fool myself-once more?
If love is real
And not just an emotion-
If love is more
Than starry eyed devotion...
Oh if...Time...Be my friend...
And seasons too...
And love come calling...
Drawn to a sweeter revelation...
As I wonder if...Love...can be true...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IF... by Junepaulette GasrelTibbetts )
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)