The Queen's Dagger
Identity of the Conflicted
Reminiscing the years when tears would flow,
Chained by deceptive passion.
She sat among the spiders
Alone in the bitter cold.
Debates with the Dragon
Whether or not she will freeze
The Dragon's frigid breath entices her
And the white hot flames engulf
As she plays a simple tune
And sheds her final tear by the light of the moon.
But some unknown force stoops low
To catch her tears' never ending flow
And store it safely away
In a netherworld far from the clash of the fray.
This force stands tall and proud,
Radiating an aura of power so deafeningly loud.
Clad in ebony robes, it greets her
In a tone so pure
Words drip slowly out of its mouth
To form a puddle on the floor
As it states
An identity that fearfully resonates:
'I am the Queen
Destined to slay your Dragon.
For it is really quite simple;
I am you.'
The Queen's Dagger's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Identity of the Conflicted by The Queen's Dagger )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Spoiler, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Wide Outdoors, Edgar Albert Guest
- Old Mister Laughter, Edgar Albert Guest
- Ode to Evil, Sourabh Mishra
- The Lucky Man, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Toast For Josie, Kuda Bondamakara
- Harvest of Harms, Madrason writer
- The Song Of The Builder, Edgar Albert Guest
- When The Minister Calls, Edgar Albert Guest
- My hero(Bob Dylan), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken