The Queen's Dagger
Identity of the Conflicted
Reminiscing the years when tears would flow,
Chained by deceptive passion.
She sat among the spiders
Alone in the bitter cold.
Debates with the Dragon
Whether or not she will freeze
The Dragon's frigid breath entices her
And the white hot flames engulf
As she plays a simple tune
And sheds her final tear by the light of the moon.
But some unknown force stoops low
To catch her tears' never ending flow
And store it safely away
In a netherworld far from the clash of the fray.
This force stands tall and proud,
Radiating an aura of power so deafeningly loud.
Clad in ebony robes, it greets her
In a tone so pure
Words drip slowly out of its mouth
To form a puddle on the floor
As it states
An identity that fearfully resonates:
'I am the Queen
Destined to slay your Dragon.
For it is really quite simple;
I am you.'
The Queen's Dagger's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Identity of the Conflicted by The Queen's Dagger )
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Leading Me Home, Heather Burns
- She's mad at me today, Louis Borgo
- An Event, Heather Burns
- Hiding In The Open In Her Room, Is It Poetry
- All Hallows Eve, David Lewis Paget
- The Devil Twists God's Words & Desires., Tom Zart
- Naturality, michael walkerjohn
- time, lee fones
- I Saw You Today, Raven McCall
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- If I Knew Someone Cared, Nicole Rawls
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- CHERYL winter
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)