The Queen's Dagger
Identity of the Conflicted
Reminiscing the years when tears would flow,
Chained by deceptive passion.
She sat among the spiders
Alone in the bitter cold.
Debates with the Dragon
Whether or not she will freeze
The Dragon's frigid breath entices her
And the white hot flames engulf
As she plays a simple tune
And sheds her final tear by the light of the moon.
But some unknown force stoops low
To catch her tears' never ending flow
And store it safely away
In a netherworld far from the clash of the fray.
This force stands tall and proud,
Radiating an aura of power so deafeningly loud.
Clad in ebony robes, it greets her
In a tone so pure
Words drip slowly out of its mouth
To form a puddle on the floor
As it states
An identity that fearfully resonates:
'I am the Queen
Destined to slay your Dragon.
For it is really quite simple;
I am you.'
The Queen's Dagger's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Identity of the Conflicted by The Queen's Dagger )
- Dying roosters, Nikola Pajtic
- Narcissus, Mark Heathcote
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns