I Will Conquer
I will conquer,
Though I be grey, and old, and bent.
And though I wobble here and there.
Though the paint is faded now,
And on the surface, many dents.
I will perservere,
though it hurts to live, with many cares.
when worry lines cover my brow.
When arthritic fingers are locked in place,
And a lack of hunger, which is so rare.
And I will fly,
And on a different plane appear.
And then I will never die,
there will be no more pain, nor grief.
No longer tired or sad, or anything to fear.
10/29/13 Alton Texas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Will Conquer by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- love became LOVE and now i live., Mandolyn ...
- Uncontained Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Structure, Fiona McCullough
- Battles Of The Inner Child, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Multiplying Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- This Is Such A Pity, Electric Lady
- What Happen To Love, Lilly Emery
- The Judges Lied, Tony Adah
- Empty Passages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- In Hiding, Leigh Sena