I Will Conquer
I will conquer,
Though I be grey, and old, and bent.
And though I wobble here and there.
Though the paint is faded now,
And on the surface, many dents.
I will perservere,
though it hurts to live, with many cares.
when worry lines cover my brow.
When arthritic fingers are locked in place,
And a lack of hunger, which is so rare.
And I will fly,
And on a different plane appear.
And then I will never die,
there will be no more pain, nor grief.
No longer tired or sad, or anything to fear.
10/29/13 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Will Conquer by Juan Olivarez )
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Butterfly Kite Haiku, Chenou Liu
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris
- Intellectual Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- Knit in Infinity, Lisa Bertsch