I Will Conquer
I will conquer,
Though I be grey, and old, and bent.
And though I wobble here and there.
Though the paint is faded now,
And on the surface, many dents.
I will perservere,
though it hurts to live, with many cares.
when worry lines cover my brow.
When arthritic fingers are locked in place,
And a lack of hunger, which is so rare.
And I will fly,
And on a different plane appear.
And then I will never die,
there will be no more pain, nor grief.
No longer tired or sad, or anything to fear.
10/29/13 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Will Conquer by Juan Olivarez )
- Winter in Sephora, Akash Justin Ovian
- Hopeless on Ice, Akash Justin Ovian
- Dance of the Bodhisattva, Akash Justin Ovian
- Questions, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- reflection, lee fones
- AN ODE TO AUTUMN, Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- Remote Control War, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- African Voter?, Gedion Onyango
- Weakness In Me, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- The Correspondence School Instructor Say.., Galway Kinnell
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- " To His Fairest Valentine Mrs. A. L., Richard Lovelace
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)