I Will Conquer
I will conquer,
Though I be grey, and old, and bent.
And though I wobble here and there.
Though the paint is faded now,
And on the surface, many dents.
I will perservere,
though it hurts to live, with many cares.
when worry lines cover my brow.
When arthritic fingers are locked in place,
And a lack of hunger, which is so rare.
And I will fly,
And on a different plane appear.
And then I will never die,
there will be no more pain, nor grief.
No longer tired or sad, or anything to fear.
10/29/13 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Will Conquer by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Omgekeerde muziek, Madrason writer
- A Kind of Villanelle, Joyce Sutphen
- Hit, it!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Minder bedrogen, Madrason writer
- Geweldsparabel, Madrason writer
- To Be Kind, Edward Kofi Louis
- Beproeving, Madrason writer
- Dream, Edward Kofi Louis
- Muurspiegelingen, Madrason writer
- Choosing The Ring, Edward Kofi Louis