I want food
I want food
To nourish my body.
Food, the cause of my birth
My growth and nourishment
Is my birth right.
All the articles of food
Are brought about by water
The soil, I stand on, is
Also created through water.
Somehow or other, my food
My clothes and shelter have
Affinity with water.
I want water.
I want food, clothes, water
And shelter for my living.
Life is successful when I work.
I want to perform my duties.
Duties such as oblations, charity
And penance, I want to perform.
I want to renounce and relinquish
For the benefit of others.
I want to say again
The famous quote
Live and let live
I believe, this world belongs
To all and not for selfish-hoarders.
gajanan mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I want food by gajanan mishra )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Being lonely, Nitin Mukesh
- My Heart seems to be A Stepping Stone, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- The Tears In Your Eyes, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Inside My Heart is Dying, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Raksha Bandhan, Aryaman Kakkar
- Poem is my bag, Aftab Alam
- My Heart Was True... Why Not You, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Why Wouldn't Amina Jilani Write8, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Why Wouldn't the Indus Wash Away Our Sor.., Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Aladdin's Lamp, Aftab Alam