I want food
I want food
To nourish my body.
Food, the cause of my birth
My growth and nourishment
Is my birth right.
All the articles of food
Are brought about by water
The soil, I stand on, is
Also created through water.
Somehow or other, my food
My clothes and shelter have
Affinity with water.
I want water.
I want food, clothes, water
And shelter for my living.
Life is successful when I work.
I want to perform my duties.
Duties such as oblations, charity
And penance, I want to perform.
I want to renounce and relinquish
For the benefit of others.
I want to say again
The famous quote
Live and let live
I believe, this world belongs
To all and not for selfish-hoarders.
gajanan mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I want food by gajanan mishra )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- On The Clock, Nika McGuin
- Forever Broken, Kelly Shanks
- Smeared in blood … 1712-14, saadat tahir
- tanka 3, oskar hansen
- I Am Nobody, Michael McParland
- Luggage, Kirsty Higginson
- There Is No Place For True Contributor, Pijush Biswas
- Bachchon ka ghar बच्चों का घर, S.D. TIWARI
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis