I Walked in the Garden of Life
I walked in the Garden of Life,
And at first didn't know,
Which way to go.
I went through lush flower forests.
I ran forth to see the front edge.
I ran back to see the other.
I ran through the flowers even farther.
I couldn't find the direction.
I couldn't find the shape,
Or the garden's delivery.
This garden did not give me anything.
There was no sound, no ring.
I stopped running through,
This garden I never knew.
It did not know me too.
I stopped until.
I couldn't get out of this garden that was perfectly still.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Walked in the Garden of Life by Vera Sidhwa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Wedding, James Tate
- I am not a religious and god centric:, binod bastola
- Call from Cupid, binod bastola
- A Vagabond, James Tate
- Wisdom or Behaviour!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady
- Nazuk to Phool Bhi Hain, Aftab Alam
- COPLA 85 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Home Came LeBron, Ima Ryma
- If Tears Could Turn To That, Luis Estable