I Walked in the Garden of Life
I walked in the Garden of Life,
And at first didn't know,
Which way to go.
I went through lush flower forests.
I ran forth to see the front edge.
I ran back to see the other.
I ran through the flowers even farther.
I couldn't find the direction.
I couldn't find the shape,
Or the garden's delivery.
This garden did not give me anything.
There was no sound, no ring.
I stopped running through,
This garden I never knew.
It did not know me too.
I stopped until.
I couldn't get out of this garden that was perfectly still.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Walked in the Garden of Life by Vera Sidhwa )
- A Sorcerer Bids Farewell To Seem, Sylvia Plath
- I Dont Know Why...., Tony Adah
- All The Dead Dears, Sylvia Plath
- Finisterre, Sylvia Plath
- Love Is A Parallax, Sylvia Plath
- Alicante Lullaby, Sylvia Plath
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 80, Ronjoy Brahma
- Childless Woman, Sylvia Plath
- Inevitable Infiltration, Wood Nymph
- Aquatic Nocturne, Sylvia Plath