I Walked in the Garden of Life
I walked in the Garden of Life,
And at first didn't know,
Which way to go.
I went through lush flower forests.
I ran forth to see the front edge.
I ran back to see the other.
I ran through the flowers even farther.
I couldn't find the direction.
I couldn't find the shape,
Or the garden's delivery.
This garden did not give me anything.
There was no sound, no ring.
I stopped running through,
This garden I never knew.
It did not know me too.
I stopped until.
I couldn't get out of this garden that was perfectly still.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Walked in the Garden of Life by Vera Sidhwa )
Still I Rise
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Mother the First and Best teacher of my .., Antonio Liao
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare