Shalom Freedman (Troy New York)
I Visited My Friend Today
He is not the same person
His enthusiasm his love of life
His non- stop going and doing
Are all gone-
He is subdued
Restricted in diet
Unable to enjoy his favorite foods
In some discomfort from his latest fall
And broken arm
As he once always seemed to be-
I visited my friend today
And understood what
He understands too
He will never be himself again.
Poet Other Poems
- 18 Definitions Of A Short Poem
- 18 Definitions Of Poetry
- A Day Is Ending and Nothing Has Been Don...
- A Day Is Gone
- A Day Without Poetry
- A Day Without Poetry/Is A Lost Day
- A Few Kind Words
- A Friend Is Gone (For Alex Auswaks)
- A Grandchild Gives New Hope In Life
- A Great And Unusual Happiness
- A Great Man Died
- A Lesson From Sam Berns Of Blessed Memor...
- A Life Is Lived The Way It Is Lived
- A Little Poem/ At Heart A Home
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.