I've Yet To Meet One Who Is Perfect
I've yet to meet one who is perfect most of us are flawed in some way
Though some of us more flawed than others of what is obvious I only do say
Suppose we are not meant to be perfect a perfect one would be a living saint
Most of us corrupted in some way even most of the good have some character taint
The Human World is success driven to greatness so many to do aspire
Suppose it says something about us the people we choose to admire
Truly great people devote their lives to helping others without thought of self or renown
Such people are not looked on as heroes not even in their own Hometown
True heroes work in refugees camps helping those of the lesser god
The war victims of drought ravaged Lands the Stateless and Homeless and downtrod
The people who help them great people they work for them without honour or pay
Yet they remain as the unsung heroes of our Human World of today
I've yet to meet one who is perfect though a minority less flawed than most
Yet the true heroes remain as unsung and to them I do propose a toast.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I've Yet To Meet One Who Is Perfect by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler