I've Got Joy
Deeper than the deepest of Oceans
Higher than the heavens from the Earth
Wider than the widest of all
Yet not out of reach, available to all.
Available to pick me up when I fall
To wipe my tears away
And shower my heart with Peace and joy
Overwhelming my inner-man with calmness.
Like a river joy in my heart flows
Not bowing to the season of the barren.
You've become my closest companion
All for the for the sacrifice made on the Cross.
Now I can afford to sing;
'I've got Joy like a river in my soul'
'I've got Joy that no man can give'.
Inexhaustible Joy flows within me all 'cos of YOU.
Bamisaye Adeniran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I've Got Joy by Bamisaye Adeniran )
- From The Balcony, Heather Burns
- Ang undubai, Shri R Brahma
- 10 January 2014, Shri R Brahma
- October is next to September تشرين الاول.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- October is next to September, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I feel bored, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 30 September 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Praise God for that Touchdown (only if Y.., Joe Rosochacki
- Mablaba baogargwn be jaya, Shri R Brahma
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.44, Robert Graber
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Drownig in pink, Framarz Bagheri
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)