I Understand Why the Rose Weeps
Why, people ask, does the rose weep?
Every morning, more tears fall.
They fall and fall, the droplets falling in sudden bawl.
But still they don't understand.
Why does the rose weep?
I understand why the rose weeps.
All you had to do was ask me.
It cries for the hearts it has seen,
over and over again broken.
Its sorrow goes unspoken.
It just cries,
a stream of tears,
do you understand why the rose cries?
Why it sometimes looks so bowed,
so low to the ground that it looks like
an old soul bent with age?
Why its spirit always seems stuck in a cage?
Why it seems to be the sage of broken hearts?
Do you understand why the rose cries?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Understand Why the Rose Weeps by Danya Qattea )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Honest Love, Ronald Chapman
- Homage to Sarah Geronimo 'The Pop Star P.., Ronald Chapman
- False Prophets, Dexsta Ray
- scenic scene, lee fones
- Hold On, Ronald Chapman
- Very simple life, hasmukh amathalal
- SeeAn (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Jenny Cho (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Making It, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid