A Poet Who Loves To Sing ....AlvesHolmes
I Sing A Sad Song II
I sing a sad song for those who would
If they could, be entwined for longer than
Fleeting time permits....
I sing a sad song for the resurgence of
Kisses that burn with desire, but must
I sing a sad song for hands that reach,
With only the finger tips touching, as
The clock screams it's time to go...
I sing a sad song for scattered moments,
For arms that cling, soon to embrace only
I sing a sad song for all the fires of
Passion which flare, fading in the quiet
Gloom, as the door closes and someone
Is left alone to tears.
I sing a sad song for lovers that substitute,
Betraying someone else...
I sing a sad song for those who sit in mourning
In the back of the church...
I sing a sad song for those who roam lone
Corridors, where there are doors they
Cannot enter, marked family members only...
I sing a sad song for dreams weaved of hopeless
My sad song is for all the hearts that ache
I sing this sad song soon to be set to music and
Sang over and over again...
My sad song is for all of those who spend time
Singing sad songs....
A Poet Who Loves To Sing ....AlvesHolmes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Sing A Sad Song II by A Poet Who Loves To Sing ....AlvesHolmes )
- SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT THE SUN, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- I am always with you, gajanan mishra
- SOFT POCKET HERCULES, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- You cannot go, gajanan mishra
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Humpty Dumpty, michael hagwood
- ELEGY FOR THE LIVING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- guardian angel, Miss. Tanease Berry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)