A Poet Who Loves To Sing ....AlvesHolmes
I Sing A Sad Song II
I sing a sad song for those who would
If they could, be entwined for longer than
Fleeting time permits....
I sing a sad song for the resurgence of
Kisses that burn with desire, but must
I sing a sad song for hands that reach,
With only the finger tips touching, as
The clock screams it's time to go...
I sing a sad song for scattered moments,
For arms that cling, soon to embrace only
I sing a sad song for all the fires of
Passion which flare, fading in the quiet
Gloom, as the door closes and someone
Is left alone to tears.
I sing a sad song for lovers that substitute,
Betraying someone else...
I sing a sad song for those who sit in mourning
In the back of the church...
I sing a sad song for those who roam lone
Corridors, where there are doors they
Cannot enter, marked family members only...
I sing a sad song for dreams weaved of hopeless
My sad song is for all the hearts that ache
I sing this sad song soon to be set to music and
Sang over and over again...
My sad song is for all of those who spend time
Singing sad songs....
A Poet Who Loves To Sing ....AlvesHolmes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Sing A Sad Song II by A Poet Who Loves To Sing ....AlvesHolmes )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I Am Nobody, Michael McParland
- Luggage, Kirsty Higginson
- There Is No Place For True Contributor, Pijush Biswas
- Bachchon ka ghar बच्चों का घर, S.D. TIWARI
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis