A Poet Who Loves To Sing ....AlvesHolmes
I Sing A Sad Song II
I sing a sad song for those who would
If they could, be entwined for longer than
Fleeting time permits....
I sing a sad song for the resurgence of
Kisses that burn with desire, but must
I sing a sad song for hands that reach,
With only the finger tips touching, as
The clock screams it's time to go...
I sing a sad song for scattered moments,
For arms that cling, soon to embrace only
I sing a sad song for all the fires of
Passion which flare, fading in the quiet
Gloom, as the door closes and someone
Is left alone to tears.
I sing a sad song for lovers that substitute,
Betraying someone else...
I sing a sad song for those who sit in mourning
In the back of the church...
I sing a sad song for those who roam lone
Corridors, where there are doors they
Cannot enter, marked family members only...
I sing a sad song for dreams weaved of hopeless
My sad song is for all the hearts that ache
I sing this sad song soon to be set to music and
Sang over and over again...
My sad song is for all of those who spend time
Singing sad songs....
A Poet Who Loves To Sing ....AlvesHolmes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Sing A Sad Song II by A Poet Who Loves To Sing ....AlvesHolmes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- coal on the asphalt, a mile away, Mandolyn ...
- Jostled here and there, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Over the seas Over the waves, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Reunion, Umasree Raghunath
- Over The Edge Over The Slippery Ledges, Emmanuel George Cefai
- World War One, P.D. Turner
- The Poet-Seer irresistible, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Slow Fast But sure, Emmanuel George Cefai
- My Mocking Jay, Aaron Waingrow
- The honey dripping leaves, Emmanuel George Cefai