A Poet Who Loves To Sing ....AlvesHolmes
I Sing A Sad Song II
I sing a sad song for those who would
If they could, be entwined for longer than
Fleeting time permits....
I sing a sad song for the resurgence of
Kisses that burn with desire, but must
I sing a sad song for hands that reach,
With only the finger tips touching, as
The clock screams it's time to go...
I sing a sad song for scattered moments,
For arms that cling, soon to embrace only
I sing a sad song for all the fires of
Passion which flare, fading in the quiet
Gloom, as the door closes and someone
Is left alone to tears.
I sing a sad song for lovers that substitute,
Betraying someone else...
I sing a sad song for those who sit in mourning
In the back of the church...
I sing a sad song for those who roam lone
Corridors, where there are doors they
Cannot enter, marked family members only...
I sing a sad song for dreams weaved of hopeless
My sad song is for all the hearts that ache
I sing this sad song soon to be set to music and
Sang over and over again...
My sad song is for all of those who spend time
Singing sad songs....
A Poet Who Loves To Sing ....AlvesHolmes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Sing A Sad Song II by A Poet Who Loves To Sing ....AlvesHolmes )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- [CW]Watch The Flash Season 1 Episode 11 .., Renz Barns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- The Polar Star, Tushar Ray
- On Learning in Texas of East Coast Winte.., Bill Grace
- I'm ill, lee fones
- Goodnight My Love, Michael P. McParland
- THEM and the Next Avatar, douglas scotney
- The Devine Write of Poets, Sandra Feldman
- Poema, Samuel Smith
- Roses are Red, Mr. Spock
- Black on White and briefly Red, Diane Hine
- Enduring Faith, Dr John Celes