I simply was tired of the draconian way of life
I simply was tired of the draconian way of life, it was not that I did not excel at what I did, it is not as if I did not have the confidence and respect of my peers, for I excelled in my relatively high position with competence, it was more that my feelings, my dreams, yes, my dreams kept telling me of a better life, a more fulfilling life. Could you understand, I somehow knew there was more to life, to me than this sterile, repetitive program, this pseudo sophisticated, pseudo enlightened, pseudo human way of being that masks our core, our living essence which is the life well spring, the fount of all lasting fulfillment.
Anthony Cavuoti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I simply was tired of the draconian way of life by Anthony Cavuoti )
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John