I Should Kill Myself
My teachers told me to stop dreaming all day
They never told me you can die that way
To live like that is barely to live at all
That's why I found it
The best anesthetic
Ignoring the world was my first heroin
Kids called me names, I cried
Call me names today, I'll probably smile
I fooled you
I made you think I was worth your time
I couldn't even make up a simple rhyme
On which to end my meaningless shitty turmoil of existence
So I hold my needle like a gun
And it would be so dry to sign off with a pun
Though I won't
If I were to do such a thing
You may think more of me
You may think me witty
You may think me clever
You may think MY DESIRE TO MAKE YOU LAUGH
MEANS I CARED ABOUT YOU...
WHAT AM I; JESUS?
You may even make the terrible mistake
Of thinking this was a tragedy
When I was merely avoiding one
And so I'm dead; unnoticed and unuseful.
You can't forget me fast enough.
Of course I'm not really dead
I just wanted your attention
For a moment
But now, now, what?
Now I'm bored!
Now what to do?
I think I'll kill myself
Hell, I may. Hell, I should.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Should Kill Myself by MyLast Words )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Mousetrap, Herbert Nehrlich
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Melancholy of a dreamer, Jonathan De Vocht
- The snow makes me happy., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Nilgiri Tahrs., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Wild boars., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Father Damiern, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thunder In The Distance, Susan Lacovara
- Grant me Love! Demon., Leylek D. Sovura
- Test is on, Nassy Fesharaki
- Post Script, Susan Lacovara
- A Ball of Rugs, Hannington Mumo