I Should Kill Myself
My teachers told me to stop dreaming all day
They never told me you can die that way
To live like that is barely to live at all
That's why I found it
The best anesthetic
Ignoring the world was my first heroin
Kids called me names, I cried
Call me names today, I'll probably smile
I fooled you
I made you think I was worth your time
I couldn't even make up a simple rhyme
On which to end my meaningless shitty turmoil of existence
So I hold my needle like a gun
And it would be so dry to sign off with a pun
Though I won't
If I were to do such a thing
You may think more of me
You may think me witty
You may think me clever
You may think MY DESIRE TO MAKE YOU LAUGH
MEANS I CARED ABOUT YOU...
WHAT AM I; JESUS?
You may even make the terrible mistake
Of thinking this was a tragedy
When I was merely avoiding one
And so I'm dead; unnoticed and unuseful.
You can't forget me fast enough.
Of course I'm not really dead
I just wanted your attention
For a moment
But now, now, what?
Now I'm bored!
Now what to do?
I think I'll kill myself
Hell, I may. Hell, I should.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Should Kill Myself by MyLast Words )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- BEFORE YOU CAST THE STONE, kevinsky nyaga
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra