I Saw A Princess In A Field (Or Did I Not?)
I travelled across mounts and vales,
And saw neither folk that meets
The wants of my tales.
I travelled far and wide
Until the sun ate me feets.
And imposed heat I couldn't abide.
Hail the mighty sunshine bright!
As I saw the fields go.
O soldier! Wear thy armour tight
Or it may feed on you.
I found none- no comrade, no foe.
And walked for a mile or two.
Until I saw a princess (did I?)
Guised in a crimson gown
And whose eyes did defy
The greatest beauty of all.
For I hath not sought a lass in town
Who could match her call.
And her lips such that one kiss
Could make a man sink
And give him the taste of pious bliss.
And further face, I could not eye
For she whisked off in a blink.
Was she a dream? (Or so think I) .
I still remember the eye and brow
And the lip that went deep
And satin skin, I wish time would allow
To adore for an eternity.
Or whilst I can weep,
Why not? It's shattered fraternity.
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Saw A Princess In A Field (Or Did I Not?) by Devanshi Khetarpal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Don't Know If History Repeats Itself, Yehuda Amichai
- Limerick: There was a young person whose.., Edward Lear
- school, logan dillie
- THE MOMENT (BARACK HUSSAIN OBAMA’S INAUG.., sania harris
- Account, Czeslaw Milosz
Poem of the Day
- Winds Of Winter, Luo Zhihai
- Uncle Styopa part2 by N. Mickhalkov, Yuri Starostin
- Secret Loves, Sandra Feldman
- Structural Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Winter, Sara Grace Je'tom Bradley
- Life's trash, Yisel Chong
- I Just, Michael P. McParland
- What She Is, Levi Crum
- I Am So Tired, Michael P. McParland
- Sacrafice, Levi Crum