I Saw A Princess In A Field (Or Did I Not?)
I travelled across mounts and vales,
And saw neither folk that meets
The wants of my tales.
I travelled far and wide
Until the sun ate me feets.
And imposed heat I couldn't abide.
Hail the mighty sunshine bright!
As I saw the fields go.
O soldier! Wear thy armour tight
Or it may feed on you.
I found none- no comrade, no foe.
And walked for a mile or two.
Until I saw a princess (did I?)
Guised in a crimson gown
And whose eyes did defy
The greatest beauty of all.
For I hath not sought a lass in town
Who could match her call.
And her lips such that one kiss
Could make a man sink
And give him the taste of pious bliss.
And further face, I could not eye
For she whisked off in a blink.
Was she a dream? (Or so think I) .
I still remember the eye and brow
And the lip that went deep
And satin skin, I wish time would allow
To adore for an eternity.
Or whilst I can weep,
Why not? It's shattered fraternity.
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Saw A Princess In A Field (Or Did I Not?) by Devanshi Khetarpal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dare - Devil Inside, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'll be missing you, Emma Wilson
- A U G U S T, hasmukh amathalal
- Conquest, Liilia Talts Morrison
- My Circus Tent, Stephen Loomes
- Mute Talking Drum, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- silkworm, Marshall Gass
- you on a continent climbed....., Marshall Gass
- I reached deep into a pocket........., Marshall Gass
- Leaves Of The Past, RoseAnn V. Shawiak