Waltz For Zizi
I Remember You
I remember you, your mouth
pressed against the left side of
my chest, whispering to my heart
that you want to make love to me.
I remember you, your pride
taking my hands and placing
them, on your naked breasts.
I remember you, your eyes
pouring into mine, your colour,
as I was making love to you.
I remember you, your breath
touching my left cheek and
my neck, heavy and warm.
I remember you, your lips
opening to my tongue,
a wet and red world.
I remember you and me, naked,
holding hands and starring
at the same blue ceiling.
I remember you, leaving me
and saying I shouldn't blame myself
because you cannot love me.
I remember you, calling me on the phone
after a year, to make sure it isn't your fault
that I failed to graduate, to become doctor.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Remember You by Waltz For Zizi )
- Kind Santa, lee fones
- The Farmworker, Terry Dawson
- blow up doll, lee fones
- Please Mommy, Stephen Morris Jr
- Bruce Lee, A Star Sinked in the Sea of Art, Joseph Oladehinde Ibikunle
- rude book, lee fones
- To Rise Again, Tom Zart
- Clouds of brinkmanship, Oti Egwu
- Heroes, Nassy Fesharaki
- O1O→5959→1049 신규 대전오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Clear Midnight, Walt Whitman
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)