I remember the mulberry tree
in.grandmaw's back yard
We ate and threw berries for fun.
There was a limb that made a complete circle.
It was our cockpit of our imaginary plane.
It was also the control room of our spaceship.
Our hands and mouths were purple
So we were aliens right.
It was fun.
Sometimes if we were sad
or just needed to think
We would climb up there
Hide among the rough.green leaves.
The tree was like a friend
Who listens but doesn't tell your secrets.
The tree saw our fights too
Like the time you threw a rock
That hit me right in my eye.
You cried because you thought
You had blinded me.
Or maybe because you thought
I would hit you with my fist.
I forgave you. Mulberry saw it all.
Sometimes now I pretend
Mulberry is still my friend.
Bull Hawking's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Remember by Bull Hawking )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Angel On Earth, Johnny Goyena
- Fore-as the forename, manthra har
- My Wish For You, Johnny Goyena
- Very unique lovecraft!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Whiskey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Lit Summers Sky, Lilly Emery
- After the Equinox, Francie Lynch
- Who Calls It That You Are Corrupt And Fa.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Holding My Unkempt Beards, Burquawalli A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Prime Truth - 85, Pranab K. Chakraborty