'I Reach Under My Pillow'
The night grows long, time stands still,
can’t get any sleep, my mind spinning with thoughts to kill.
Eyes wide open, spotting the fly on the wall,
as the spider pounces,
My mind plays tricks, I’m floating through the air,
now I’m peeking in your window,
Devil may care.
Silently I enter, creeping through the hall,
picturing in my mind, your throat slit,
your blood spattered on the wall.
Safely back in my bed this night,
the night that will never end,
a sickening smile on my face,
revealing my sin.
I get comfortable in bed lying
next to my wife,
as I reach under my pillow-
And my hand finds the knife.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('I Reach Under My Pillow' by Kelly Seale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Evolution, Is It Poetry
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -36, Ronjoy Brahma
- Tomorrow, Tony Adah
- Confession, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Rain and Water II, Ismim Putera
- Drained Of Everything, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dawn, Winston Edgar Hall
- The Heart's Journey, Connie Marcum Wong
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -35, Ronjoy Brahma
- Not To Take What They Do That Deep, Lawrence S. Pertillar