'I Reach Under My Pillow'
The night grows long, time stands still,
can’t get any sleep, my mind spinning with thoughts to kill.
Eyes wide open, spotting the fly on the wall,
as the spider pounces,
My mind plays tricks, I’m floating through the air,
now I’m peeking in your window,
Devil may care.
Silently I enter, creeping through the hall,
picturing in my mind, your throat slit,
your blood spattered on the wall.
Safely back in my bed this night,
the night that will never end,
a sickening smile on my face,
revealing my sin.
I get comfortable in bed lying
next to my wife,
as I reach under my pillow-
And my hand finds the knife.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('I Reach Under My Pillow' by Kelly Seale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella
- Domestic goddess, Mark Heathcote
- Blank Depression, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The tears of human race, Great Emeritus
- Capsule Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MY own fault, hasmukh amathalal
- on returning to my part time job-, Mandolyn ...
- Write new chapter, hasmukh amathalal
- COPLA 71 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Gnarly Disposition, Electric Lady