Poet Akinwemimo Idris
With watery tears,
Of unknown source.
With sorrowful agony,
Of unknown causes,
I promise you future,
With real strategies.
Today may look odd,
Since future is sealed.
But I promise you....
The future unseen.
We shall both walk,
Along the gangway,
Of our admirers....
Our hands shall mime,
To them our gratitude.
Let be patient....
Today is not ours.
Is like a sailor,
And floating saliva.
Let stay till night,
Tired of its darkness...
Let follow the rules...
Of the unseen love.
20TH AUGUST 14.
Poet Akinwemimo Idris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I PROMISE by Poet Akinwemimo Idris )
- Dying roosters, Nikola Pajtic
- Narcissus, Mark Heathcote
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns