Poet Akinwemimo Idris
With watery tears,
Of unknown source.
With sorrowful agony,
Of unknown causes,
I promise you future,
With real strategies.
Today may look odd,
Since future is sealed.
But I promise you....
The future unseen.
We shall both walk,
Along the gangway,
Of our admirers....
Our hands shall mime,
To them our gratitude.
Let be patient....
Today is not ours.
Is like a sailor,
And floating saliva.
Let stay till night,
Tired of its darkness...
Let follow the rules...
Of the unseen love.
20TH AUGUST 14.
Poet Akinwemimo Idris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I PROMISE by Poet Akinwemimo Idris )
- Psalm VII, Joseph Hall
- Drogman*, Translation of Pierre Emmanuel.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Bitch Please, Akhil Zoomin
- The Lonely One, John F. McCullagh
- Psalm I, Joseph Hall
- Psalm LVII, George Wither
- From 'The Motto', George Wither
- Written by Somebody on the Window of an .., Robert Burns
- Scroggam, my dearie, Robert Burns
- Epitaph for William Nicol, High School, .., Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Away, Melancholy, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)