I Now Give You My Hand
I give you my hand, my Love, trying to hang on to you,
not to let go; may we not be through.
I love you, and now kneel before your Presence to worship.
Single thought on your merciful ocean and immense Love makes my heart skip
Its echoing smooth rhythms which is now subsiding to synchronize to yours.
Grant me your Love, Lord, and also your Grace;
In exchange I offer you my sinful heart.
Thy servant realize that it is not a fair worthy trade;
but that is my most precious possession, I am now willing to depart.
My Love, I love you so much, just mere mentioning you, my heart seems to break.
Hearken now, Oh Divine Spirit, my being to be inspired to the highest ecstatic heaven,
To adore and to be at your side for our two hearts to be enkindled
Into one single heart beat from which we echo our perpetual love psalms,
which are meant to flow into celestial sparkling stream
In nourishing the life of my spirit for endless time.
My hand, please now take to guide and embrace with Thy kindest blessing
And warmness which radiates from your divine Being.
Moved is the core of my soul; I now bow down
to kiss Thy sacred pierced Hands,
which tenderly hold mine.
Hand in hand, we will walk this life,
Side by side;
Not being afraid but for one single purpose,
To heal the broken hearts, to bless, to instill love
By your most sacred Hands
which now have shaped as mine.
Don Nguyen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Now Give You My Hand by Don Nguyen )
- An Invitation, Doyen Lingua
- Bougainvillea, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- October Skies, Lilly Emery
- What if, Chris Zachariou
- Within My Mind Holds Dreams, Lilly Emery
- citizen, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Treat, Please, Bruce Larkin
- I Love Halloween!, Bruce Larkin
- Wal-Mart are You Joking?, Joe Rosochacki
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)