I Now Give You My Hand
I give you my hand, my Love, trying to hang on to you,
not to let go; may we not be through.
I love you, and now kneel before your Presence to worship.
Single thought on your merciful ocean and immense Love makes my heart skip
Its echoing smooth rhythms which is now subsiding to synchronize to yours.
Grant me your Love, Lord, and also your Grace;
In exchange I offer you my sinful heart.
Thy servant realize that it is not a fair worthy trade;
but that is my most precious possession, I am now willing to depart.
My Love, I love you so much, just mere mentioning you, my heart seems to break.
Hearken now, Oh Divine Spirit, my being to be inspired to the highest ecstatic heaven,
To adore and to be at your side for our two hearts to be enkindled
Into one single heart beat from which we echo our perpetual love psalms,
which are meant to flow into celestial sparkling stream
In nourishing the life of my spirit for endless time.
My hand, please now take to guide and embrace with Thy kindest blessing
And warmness which radiates from your divine Being.
Moved is the core of my soul; I now bow down
to kiss Thy sacred pierced Hands,
which tenderly hold mine.
Hand in hand, we will walk this life,
Side by side;
Not being afraid but for one single purpose,
To heal the broken hearts, to bless, to instill love
By your most sacred Hands
which now have shaped as mine.
Don Nguyen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Now Give You My Hand by Don Nguyen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
Poem of the Day
- Ever Hike in Hope, Pintu Mahakul
- The Past, Eugene Latumbo
- Lovely Hand, Pintu Mahakul
- There you are, Cee Bea
- Memories:, Gaurav Pandey
- Loneliness, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Christmas Tree, Zoila T. Flores
- I Did Not Ask Him, But Said He, I Am A M.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- An Umbrella, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Cloudless Rain, Aftab Alam