Whispers Of Night
I never loved, but once!
Darling, yet I find myself in love with you
without having heard your voice,
without having saw your smile,
without having mirrored in your eyes..
without having kissed your lips,
or having felt the warmth of your embrace!
I speared the shallow waters of your counscience
and swimmed the deceiving ripples of the soul
but my boat sails for ages, still only now
finally harboured in a port.
I eagerly travelled towards a destination unknown
everytime I deceided it was about time to love
my little boat was stopped at a crossroad
and smuggled off its treasure.
I heard an alluring calling from a far away island
persuading to seek some shelter for a while
with all the love I received in a glance
still I never loved, but once!
Whispers Of Night's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I never loved, but once! by Whispers Of Night )
- What is Karma?, DOMINIC K V
- Flower Vendor, DOMINIC K V
- Winter´s Sunshine, Peter S. Quinn
- Another World, Bareerah Bilal
- I am so unfortunate, gajanan mishra
- Assign All Guilt, Margaret Alice Second
- Find everything, gajanan mishra
- Art Is My True Love, Rohit Sapra
- Give no title, hasmukh amathalal
- Pause, Don Tiedemann
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)