Whispers Of Night
I never loved, but once!
Darling, yet I find myself in love with you
without having heard your voice,
without having saw your smile,
without having mirrored in your eyes..
without having kissed your lips,
or having felt the warmth of your embrace!
I speared the shallow waters of your counscience
and swimmed the deceiving ripples of the soul
but my boat sails for ages, still only now
finally harboured in a port.
I eagerly travelled towards a destination unknown
everytime I deceided it was about time to love
my little boat was stopped at a crossroad
and smuggled off its treasure.
I heard an alluring calling from a far away island
persuading to seek some shelter for a while
with all the love I received in a glance
still I never loved, but once!
Whispers Of Night's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I never loved, but once! by Whispers Of Night )
- - -My Dear- -, Ali Sabry
- - I Love You With All My Heart O My Fair.., Ali Sabry
- - I Love You Blind-, Ali Sabry
- - -I Have Chosen You From Among The Beau.., Ali Sabry
- - -I Forgave All My Heart I Forgave- -, Ali Sabry
- - I'm Sitting On Your Lap Warm Finally-, Ali Sabry
- - I Love You All-, Ali Sabry
- - -My Dear Dear- -, Ali Sabry
- - My Poem To My Lovely Beauty Lady After.., Ali Sabry
- - My beautiful lovely lady-, Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Woman's Last Word, Robert Browning
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)