Whispers Of Night
I never loved, but once!
Darling, yet I find myself in love with you
without having heard your voice,
without having saw your smile,
without having mirrored in your eyes..
without having kissed your lips,
or having felt the warmth of your embrace!
I speared the shallow waters of your counscience
and swimmed the deceiving ripples of the soul
but my boat sails for ages, still only now
finally harboured in a port.
I eagerly travelled towards a destination unknown
everytime I deceided it was about time to love
my little boat was stopped at a crossroad
and smuggled off its treasure.
I heard an alluring calling from a far away island
persuading to seek some shelter for a while
with all the love I received in a glance
still I never loved, but once!
Whispers Of Night's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I never loved, but once! by Whispers Of Night )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- change, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- khuda, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- lachari, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- flower, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- hasrat, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- moti, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- Real Help, Edgar Albert Guest
- Onverflauwd groen en blauw-wit, Madrason writer
- गुलाब और सूरज, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- misfortune, oskar hansen