Ace Of Black Hearts
I'm Still Smiling
The song is not over till I say so.
I painted the river that is flowing.
So go ahead and try to destroy it.
Do it, do your worse.
Happily ever after.
Too soon and not long enough.
The stuffing is already coming out.
And this bear was just sewed up.
You defiled all my hard work.
How dare you, think I'm ever gonna stop?
A heart beat is not something that just drops.
It takes time, a hill longing to be climbed.
Above running through the grassy meadows.
You can't destroy this day.
No matter how hard you try.
I'm still smiling.
Till the day I die.
You can't just kill what is inside.
The sleeping giant.
You made him all the larger.
With your words already forgotten.
Fortune grows in the stormy snows of tomorrow.
Hate me, love me, just don't ever get close to me.
Your touch is poisonous.
Your spirit is ravenous.
It just won't let up.
Even with a good meal fed.
A vulture of the unending feasting off both the live and dead.
Do the rotten taste better?
Why can't you just control your self and try not to hurt anybody else?
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm Still Smiling by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- Epigram—Thanks for a National Victory, Robert Burns
- Dog's Death, John Updike
- Verses on a Parting Kiss, Robert Burns
- Yon Wild Mossy Mountains, Robert Burns
- Epigram on an Innkeeper ("The Marqu.., Robert Burns
- On Chloris being ill, Robert Burns
- Birthday Ode for 31st December, 1787, Robert Burns
- Silhouette, Bradley Flowers
- Lines Written under the Picture of Miss .., Robert Burns
- Venetian Candy, John Updike
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1924 - 2000)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)