Ace Of Black Hearts
I'm Still Smiling
The song is not over till I say so.
I painted the river that is flowing.
So go ahead and try to destroy it.
Do it, do your worse.
Happily ever after.
Too soon and not long enough.
The stuffing is already coming out.
And this bear was just sewed up.
You defiled all my hard work.
How dare you, think I'm ever gonna stop?
A heart beat is not something that just drops.
It takes time, a hill longing to be climbed.
Above running through the grassy meadows.
You can't destroy this day.
No matter how hard you try.
I'm still smiling.
Till the day I die.
You can't just kill what is inside.
The sleeping giant.
You made him all the larger.
With your words already forgotten.
Fortune grows in the stormy snows of tomorrow.
Hate me, love me, just don't ever get close to me.
Your touch is poisonous.
Your spirit is ravenous.
It just won't let up.
Even with a good meal fed.
A vulture of the unending feasting off both the live and dead.
Do the rotten taste better?
Why can't you just control your self and try not to hurt anybody else?
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm Still Smiling by Ace Of Black Hearts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Let's Make Those Sad Tears Disappear (Se.., Ronald Chapman
- Hide and Seek, Dean Meredith
- In Rum, Beer, Brandy, Whiskey, See I My .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Let's Climb A Mountain, Ronald Chapman
- Learning to Live, Ronald Chapman
- Laundry Day (Haiku), Ronald Chapman
- The Lamb (Children's Poetry), Ronald Chapman
- Korean Cicada (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- There Is Nothing As Indian English Poetr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- No to Suicide, Wellington Marshall