Ace Of Black Hearts
I'm Still Smiling
The song is not over till I say so.
I painted the river that is flowing.
So go ahead and try to destroy it.
Do it, do your worse.
Happily ever after.
Too soon and not long enough.
The stuffing is already coming out.
And this bear was just sewed up.
You defiled all my hard work.
How dare you, think I'm ever gonna stop?
A heart beat is not something that just drops.
It takes time, a hill longing to be climbed.
Above running through the grassy meadows.
You can't destroy this day.
No matter how hard you try.
I'm still smiling.
Till the day I die.
You can't just kill what is inside.
The sleeping giant.
You made him all the larger.
With your words already forgotten.
Fortune grows in the stormy snows of tomorrow.
Hate me, love me, just don't ever get close to me.
Your touch is poisonous.
Your spirit is ravenous.
It just won't let up.
Even with a good meal fed.
A vulture of the unending feasting off both the live and dead.
Do the rotten taste better?
Why can't you just control your self and try not to hurt anybody else?
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm Still Smiling by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- Finnish, Leslie Philibert
- Life shall turn, hasmukh amathalal
- Introverted Victims, Aisling Chia
- No Sheep to Count, Aisling Chia
- Sunset, Kwai Chee Low
- The Immigrants, Romella Kitchens
- Dream of Music, Kwai Chee Low
- An Ode to Coffee, Kwai Chee Low
- ! Forum Personas (PH Forum Commentary), Alice Vedral Rivera
- Songs and Music, Kwai Chee Low
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)