I LOVE your Name
oh yes, i am so very happy
cause it’s freedom i love
what is freedom?
freedom is living where you please
yes, i am so very, very happy
freedom is choosing who you love
this gives me a special sensation!
freedom makes me feel ecstatic
i love my country, i love America!
we believe in all things freedom
freedom of speech, freedom of liberty
even the freedom of love!
yes, i can say what i want
if i say you are beautiful
then it is fine, it is grand
if i say you are the most handsome
then it is a fact, it is true!
if i say your name is gorgeous
to me it will always be and forever,
even if on a beautiful day
you become a sweet singing skylark
one who sings the sweetest song
decide from me to fly away
it is your name i will always love
the reasons are so many
your name is number one, it is the best!
could there be a name finer?
this shall forever remain a mystery
i will not look upon the rest
love, this question will never have an answer
so yes, i love freedom, i love america
for this very reason, i can say how i feel
i feel your name is the most beautiful,
and most gorgeous name in the whole world
and yes, I love your name!
Rachel Nichols's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I LOVE your Name by Rachel Nichols )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- So Many Things, Neela Nath
- Summer Rhapsody in Blue Raspberry Circa .., mary douglas
- An Oridnary Modern Girl Wearing A Rudrak.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- tear from a mans eye, Gregory Kelley
- Toss and Turn, David Munene wa Kimberly
- Tickle Blue, Prasad Natarajan
- Give me the wisdom of old age, Gregory Kelley
- नोँनि लुबैनायखौ आं बुजिबाय सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- The Rock-built Temples of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Working Man, K.J. Jackson