I love you sis!
Waving at me,
dressed in white with a hint of green,
smiling at me,
My sister showed up in my dream.
I wanted to meet her,
I had missed her a lot,
I was walking towards her,
I heard a gunshot.
A thief snatched her purse,
I saw him but he ran away in a blink,
I rushed to my sister,
I started crying, she was bleeding.
she smiled at me telling me not to worry,
I told her she'll be alright and called an ambulance,
I was crying coz I could never lose her,
looking at her smiling face I swore vengeance.
She was taken to a hospital,
The doctors took her in for an operation,
I made some calls to my friends,
Told them to bring me a gun.
The doctors said it'll take much time,
it wasn't really a big town,
I had some gang people in contact,
I decided to track the thief down.
After a few hours,
I came back at the hospital to my sister,
Your sister is resting told the nurse
she's in room 101 you can visit her.
She was sleeping,
I kissed her forehead,
kept her purse on the table beside her,
it was with the thief but now he was dead.
I was guilty as charged,
The cops found me, seized my gun,
I told my sister I loved her,
The cops took me away, I was sent to prison.
There, I sat crying.
I was a murderer, my hands weren't clean,
I miss my sister I carved on the prison walls,
wishing all of this was just a dream.
Wake up, breakfasts ready, yelled my sister,
I woke up, I couldn't believe,
I thought maybe this time,
God did listen to me.
I got up and hugged my sister,
She was surprised and didn't hug me back, I had no words,
Everything felt so nice,
The sun, the air, sound of the birds,
I went for breakfast downstairs,
I wore one shoe, couldn't find the other,
My sister threw the shoe at me,
She came to me, hugged me and said 'I love you too brother'.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I love you sis! by Omar Chaudhari )
- we are free to follow their rules. Is th.., jannella aryton
- Soul Sighter, michael walkerjohn
- I Don't Want To Be but I want to., Menkato Awomi
- Treasure Island, Akhtar Jawad
- I Love You- -II, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burkhawalli, Tumhe Kis Karke Paya Ki Tum.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do Not Forget, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bade Miyan, Cchote Miyan Aur Bukhawalli, Bijay Kant Dubey
- z, Vera Sidhwa
- (A) Bio-Environ-P0em, Nyein Way
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- My Wishes, Yasmin Rubayo
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow