I love you sis!
Waving at me,
dressed in white with a hint of green,
smiling at me,
My sister showed up in my dream.
I wanted to meet her,
I had missed her a lot,
I was walking towards her,
I heard a gunshot.
A thief snatched her purse,
I saw him but he ran away in a blink,
I rushed to my sister,
I started crying, she was bleeding.
she smiled at me telling me not to worry,
I told her she'll be alright and called an ambulance,
I was crying coz I could never lose her,
looking at her smiling face I swore vengeance.
She was taken to a hospital,
The doctors took her in for an operation,
I made some calls to my friends,
Told them to bring me a gun.
The doctors said it'll take much time,
it wasn't really a big town,
I had some gang people in contact,
I decided to track the thief down.
After a few hours,
I came back at the hospital to my sister,
Your sister is resting told the nurse
she's in room 101 you can visit her.
She was sleeping,
I kissed her forehead,
kept her purse on the table beside her,
it was with the thief but now he was dead.
I was guilty as charged,
The cops found me, seized my gun,
I told my sister I loved her,
The cops took me away, I was sent to prison.
There, I sat crying.
I was a murderer, my hands weren't clean,
I miss my sister I carved on the prison walls,
wishing all of this was just a dream.
Wake up, breakfasts ready, yelled my sister,
I woke up, I couldn't believe,
I thought maybe this time,
God did listen to me.
I got up and hugged my sister,
She was surprised and didn't hug me back, I had no words,
Everything felt so nice,
The sun, the air, sound of the birds,
I went for breakfast downstairs,
I wore one shoe, couldn't find the other,
My sister threw the shoe at me,
She came to me, hugged me and said 'I love you too brother'.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I love you sis! by Omar Chaudhari )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All through eternity, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Life musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Record, Holy Man
- observing shells on your shore, Mandolyn ...
- Fly, Holy Man
- Happy I go Unhappy I Go, Akhtar Jawad
- Magical Glass of Water, Vera Sidhwa
- Timeless Ticking, Justin Sisson
- With terror, hasmukh amathalal
- Stars, Justin Sisson
- A Woman Strong, Justin Sisson