I Love Horses
I love horses, I love them all.
Highest hands to mini small.
Horses that cut the cows,
Dancing greats that take the bows.
Ones that took best in shows,
To the oldest horse that barely goes.
For all the ones in between,
And every horse I've ever seen.
Circus horses do the tricks,
FOUR Cardinal's chukker 7 six.
Equines meant for special needs.
Thoroughbreds are built for speeds,
Some pull buggies round and round,
Workers drag logs along the ground.
Quarters run visually straight,
Once they get out the gate.
Chasers jump fences high,
Across the water you stay dry.
Your closest friend, your only mate,
It's time to eat, don't be late.
Pintos, Paints not the same,
Appaloosas can be game,
Belgians, Clydesdales, Percheron,
Horses that are mighty strong.
Unseated before you made eight,
One big horse is really great.
Pony rides at the fair,
Start a child's love affair.
Haflinger, Hack, Harlequin Horse,
Three barrels make up the course.
Brumby, Buckskin, Wild Mustang,
Sadly down with a bang.
Trigger was a TV star,
Patches rides in the car.
In parade they all walk,
And Mr. Ed he could talk.
300 breeds worldwide,
So many that you need a guide,
No rhymes to describe them all,
Apologize ones I did not call.
‘GOD' put horses on this earth,
Man could fit between their girth.
Horses working a long hard day,
The old world was built this way.
Fight fire with fire is your need,
The power of a trusty steed.
The four in the Bible are on their way,
Own a horse you get away! ! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Love Horses by Gary Moulton )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Εntity, Elena Ioannou
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea
- Give and Take, Md. Ziaul Haque
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque