I Love Horses
I love horses, I love them all.
Highest hands to mini small.
Horses that cut the cows,
Dancing greats that take the bows.
Ones that took best in shows,
To the oldest horse that barely goes.
For all the ones in between,
And every horse I've ever seen.
Circus horses do the tricks,
FOUR Cardinal's chukker 7 six.
Equines meant for special needs.
Thoroughbreds are built for speeds,
Some pull buggies round and round,
Workers drag logs along the ground.
Quarters run visually straight,
Once they get out the gate.
Chasers jump fences high,
Across the water you stay dry.
Your closest friend, your only mate,
It's time to eat, don't be late.
Pintos, Paints not the same,
Appaloosas can be game,
Belgians, Clydesdales, Percheron,
Horses that are mighty strong.
Unseated before you made eight,
One big horse is really great.
Pony rides at the fair,
Start a child's love affair.
Haflinger, Hack, Harlequin Horse,
Three barrels make up the course.
Brumby, Buckskin, Wild Mustang,
Sadly down with a bang.
Trigger was a TV star,
Patches rides in the car.
In parade they all walk,
And Mr. Ed he could talk.
300 breeds worldwide,
So many that you need a guide,
No rhymes to describe them all,
Apologize ones I did not call.
‘GOD' put horses on this earth,
Man could fit between their girth.
Horses working a long hard day,
The old world was built this way.
Fight fire with fire is your need,
The power of a trusty steed.
The four in the Bible are on their way,
Own a horse you get away! ! !
Gary Moulton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Love Horses by Gary Moulton )
- Contradict, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Common Sense, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Love's Slow Death, Wilma Horne
- Door to the Mind, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Traveler, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Pockets Of Lace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Just You, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Cry of the Unwanted, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Beneath the Words, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Believe, Fariza Nur Shabrina
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)