I Love Horses
I love horses, I love them all.
Highest hands to mini small.
Horses that cut the cows,
Dancing greats that take the bows.
Ones that took best in shows,
To the oldest horse that barely goes.
For all the ones in between,
And every horse I've ever seen.
Circus horses do the tricks,
FOUR Cardinal's chukker 7 six.
Equines meant for special needs.
Thoroughbreds are built for speeds,
Some pull buggies round and round,
Workers drag logs along the ground.
Quarters run visually straight,
Once they get out the gate.
Chasers jump fences high,
Across the water you stay dry.
Your closest friend, your only mate,
It's time to eat, don't be late.
Pintos, Paints not the same,
Appaloosas can be game,
Belgians, Clydesdales, Percheron,
Horses that are mighty strong.
Unseated before you made eight,
One big horse is really great.
Pony rides at the fair,
Start a child's love affair.
Haflinger, Hack, Harlequin Horse,
Three barrels make up the course.
Brumby, Buckskin, Wild Mustang,
Sadly down with a bang.
Trigger was a TV star,
Patches rides in the car.
In parade they all walk,
And Mr. Ed he could talk.
300 breeds worldwide,
So many that you need a guide,
No rhymes to describe them all,
Apologize ones I did not call.
‘GOD' put horses on this earth,
Man could fit between their girth.
Horses working a long hard day,
The old world was built this way.
Fight fire with fire is your need,
The power of a trusty steed.
The four in the Bible are on their way,
Own a horse you get away! ! !
Gary Moulton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Love Horses by Gary Moulton )
- I Never Travelled Alone, Akhtar Jawad
- Wholesomeness To Thirst, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sleep At The Wheel, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Home and Love, Aftab Alam
- Annihilation of trust, Aftab Alam
- Take My Things..., Mr. Nobody
- power of youth, maharshi trivedi
- Let the body die, why should I die?, Aftab Alam
- artist, maharshi trivedi
- life of indigent, maharshi trivedi
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(22 March 1941 -)