I Loathe A Dark Gray Sky
I loathe a dark gray sky,
I loathe a dreary day.
My soul imprisoned does oft sigh,
And longs to fly away.
I loathe the clouds so low,
Crying endlessly on me.
Dear southern wind begin to blow,
And make the gray ones flee.
9/29/13 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Loathe A Dark Gray Sky by Juan Olivarez )
Did you read them?
- One who is against truth, gajanan mishra
- The Rain Falls On The Hill Above, Dennis Lange
- A Mirror, Margaret Alice Second
- Corners Of The Mouth, Saiom Shriver
- Lower Bunk Karma, Saiom Shriver
- Riddle Poem, Kiera Price
- Love is Sacrifice, Paul Sebastian
- The Guilty Innocent, Tata Kosi
- Lyman and Lloyd, Kim Barney
- The Incomplete Dzire, kashif khan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Holly Moon
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)