I Loathe A Dark Gray Sky
I loathe a dark gray sky,
I loathe a dreary day.
My soul imprisoned does oft sigh,
And longs to fly away.
I loathe the clouds so low,
Crying endlessly on me.
Dear southern wind begin to blow,
And make the gray ones flee.
9/29/13 Alton Texas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Loathe A Dark Gray Sky by Juan Olivarez )
- Mountain Parkway, Stacy L. Mar
- Alabama Truck Stops, Stacy L. Mar
- Of Supernovas and Starfire, Stacy L. Mar
- Of You, Who Do Not Know Me, Stacy L. Mar
- The Wind Blowing Backwards, Stacy L. Mar
- Metrazol, Luke J. Holt
- Sliding Into Old Shoes, Stacy L. Mar
- Like Fallen Gods, Stacy L. Mar
- All We Are, Stacy L. Mar
- To John, Roger A. Rose
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)