I just want to sing - that's all!
I had this thought about
singing a song,
that maybe it's because
my urge is far too great
the voice said, you have
do you think criminals
have voices, and that they
are not allowed to care...
the system of Earth,
put you there, long before
you got here,
and what about the soldier
with an army rifle in his hands,
he kills because he's capable!
all the spores move different ways,
God if he exists - ticks boxs!
and the anxiety words
attack us secretly,
they usurp us, because
we don't know what we are,
or rather, capable of,
or we do, and we don't
ever want to go there...
the sky eats me for breaffast
every day, and who am I to say,
that I am better,
I just can't quite get those
integral shoes on, whereas I will
into a brand new part of thinking,
that has not yet been explored!
GRANT FRASER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I just want to sing - that's all! by GRANT FRASER )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)