I Just Want to Dance With You
I just want to know one thing,
Will I ever get the Chance,
To be yours, and yours Alone?
May I please have this Dance,
Under the stars filled with Romance,
While your eyes put me in a Trance?
I just want to tell you now.
You're the most beautiful girl I've Met,
With eyes to melt a heart of Stone,
You're the one i want to Get.
I wish to dance with you once more,
But alas I can't Compete,
With the others in your life,
Getting you is no easy Feat.
But maybe you will be my Sweet,
And then my life would be Complete.
Yesterday I had this dream,
You said something that made me See,
And realize what a fool I've Been.
To think that you could fall for Me,
And that you would be my Lady,
And that I could be your Honey.
Oh how wonderful you are, you perfect girl.
I want to be your Love,
And then maybe I can Win,
And you will be my Dove.
So I shall not give up hope,
That someday you'll be Mine,
And that I will have your heart,
That's filled with your love, so Divine,
And your smile, prettier than the Skyline,
And then everything will be Fine.
But that day may never Come,
Perhaps i am quite Dumb,
Dumb to just sit here and Wait,
To see if, together, we walk through that Gate.
But I suppose time shall Tell,
If you decide to say Farewell.
Perhaps, if that day comes, I'll move On,
But, then again I could be Wrong.
Maybe someday you'll take a Chance,
Maybe then we'll have a Dance.
Matt Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Just Want to Dance With You by Matt Reyes )
- Versatility is a unique quality!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Paper slip, hasmukh amathalal
- SHADES OF LOVE, sherif monem
- A Shoulder to Weep, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Help me I am here, Dustin Hardin
- Into your kingdom, hasmukh amathalal
- High rise, hasmukh amathalal
- Before Death, Ajaeyy Raaj
- the toothless Tiger Dynasties, veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- The Spray, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)