I hear Christmas is coming
I hear Christmas is coming,
Santa songs people are humming.
Crazy days and cuddly nights,
Joy and love, fairy lights.
Hushed tones, mindless giggles resound, sweet memories, curious glances all around.
Yes, I hear Christmas is coming.
Can you hear the festive drumming?
Soon roast turkeys will sizzle in the oven,
puddings and dundee cakes eaten by the ton.
Munching on piles of dried fruits and cookies,
and women will be exchanging juicy recipes.
Christmas will forever remain a gem
as a special boy was born in Bethlehem.
Yup, I hear Christmas is coming,
dancing with guitars strumming.
Baubles and bright lights dangling from trees,
children coming out of grottos with freebies.
It's this festival that teaches giving.
Do some good deeds while you're living.
In Heaven Jesus is praying for our survival,
I'm sure He is hasty for His arrival.
Ho! Ho! Ho! I hear Christmas is coming.
It is time for redeeming.
Folks on the streets are dancing and singing,
Even the grumpy ones seem to be enjoying.
Christmas miracles touch all mankind.
Grouches become givers, selfish become kind.
No reasons for sadness, no excuses for failing,
the spirit of Christmas heals the ailing.
It's true Christmas is coming.
The joyous fever is just resuming.
In everyone is seen childhood innocence.
Intimacy and charity is common for once.
Chocolate coins and Advent calenders are in vogue,
Visits are frequent to a Church or Synagogue.
Everyone joins in to celebrate Christmas.
They have waited for this day with eagerness.
Chanting in the air, Christmas is coming.
Let's see what this Christmas will bring
ashfaq bakali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I hear Christmas is coming by ashfaq bakali )
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
- Phantasies Only Relief, Numbing (me), Lonely Voyager
- Offer with promises, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning Triku XXV, Steve Kittell
- My Pencil, Steve Kittell
Poem of the Day
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 February 1944 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)