I hear Christmas is coming
I hear Christmas is coming,
Santa songs people are humming.
Crazy days and cuddly nights,
Joy and love, fairy lights.
Hushed tones, mindless giggles resound, sweet memories, curious glances all around.
Yes, I hear Christmas is coming.
Can you hear the festive drumming?
Soon roast turkeys will sizzle in the oven,
puddings and dundee cakes eaten by the ton.
Munching on piles of dried fruits and cookies,
and women will be exchanging juicy recipes.
Christmas will forever remain a gem
as a special boy was born in Bethlehem.
Yup, I hear Christmas is coming,
dancing with guitars strumming.
Baubles and bright lights dangling from trees,
children coming out of grottos with freebies.
It's this festival that teaches giving.
Do some good deeds while you're living.
In Heaven Jesus is praying for our survival,
I'm sure He is hasty for His arrival.
Ho! Ho! Ho! I hear Christmas is coming.
It is time for redeeming.
Folks on the streets are dancing and singing,
Even the grumpy ones seem to be enjoying.
Christmas miracles touch all mankind.
Grouches become givers, selfish become kind.
No reasons for sadness, no excuses for failing,
the spirit of Christmas heals the ailing.
It's true Christmas is coming.
The joyous fever is just resuming.
In everyone is seen childhood innocence.
Intimacy and charity is common for once.
Chocolate coins and Advent calenders are in vogue,
Visits are frequent to a Church or Synagogue.
Everyone joins in to celebrate Christmas.
They have waited for this day with eagerness.
Chanting in the air, Christmas is coming.
Let's see what this Christmas will bring
ashfaq bakali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I hear Christmas is coming by ashfaq bakali )
- Door to the Mind, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Traveler, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Pockets Of Lace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Just You, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Cry of the Unwanted, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Beneath the Words, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Believe, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- One-way Mirror, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- An Invitation, Doyen Lingua
- Bougainvillea, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)