I hear Christmas is coming
I hear Christmas is coming,
Santa songs people are humming.
Crazy days and cuddly nights,
Joy and love, fairy lights.
Hushed tones, mindless giggles resound, sweet memories, curious glances all around.
Yes, I hear Christmas is coming.
Can you hear the festive drumming?
Soon roast turkeys will sizzle in the oven,
puddings and dundee cakes eaten by the ton.
Munching on piles of dried fruits and cookies,
and women will be exchanging juicy recipes.
Christmas will forever remain a gem
as a special boy was born in Bethlehem.
Yup, I hear Christmas is coming,
dancing with guitars strumming.
Baubles and bright lights dangling from trees,
children coming out of grottos with freebies.
It's this festival that teaches giving.
Do some good deeds while you're living.
In Heaven Jesus is praying for our survival,
I'm sure He is hasty for His arrival.
Ho! Ho! Ho! I hear Christmas is coming.
It is time for redeeming.
Folks on the streets are dancing and singing,
Even the grumpy ones seem to be enjoying.
Christmas miracles touch all mankind.
Grouches become givers, selfish become kind.
No reasons for sadness, no excuses for failing,
the spirit of Christmas heals the ailing.
It's true Christmas is coming.
The joyous fever is just resuming.
In everyone is seen childhood innocence.
Intimacy and charity is common for once.
Chocolate coins and Advent calenders are in vogue,
Visits are frequent to a Church or Synagogue.
Everyone joins in to celebrate Christmas.
They have waited for this day with eagerness.
Chanting in the air, Christmas is coming.
Let's see what this Christmas will bring
ashfaq bakali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I hear Christmas is coming by ashfaq bakali )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- I'll Always, Michael P. McParland
- Have Faith, Michael P. McParland
- Grace Me, Michael P. McParland
- farewell 'to the winter solders that los.., ademola oluwabusayo
- Soul, Jordan Myrie
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael P. McParland
- Forgive Me Please, Michael P. McParland
- Concentrate On The Game, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come Join Me?, Michael P. McParland
- Come Hold Me, Michael P. McParland