I Have A Corner
I have a soft corner in my heart,
For the quiet, unobtrusive child,
Whose talent is often rated low
'Cause he is unassuming and mild.
I have a small corner in my heart,
For those whose kindness I enjoyed,
But couldn't return the favor in kind,
A pity that often gets me destroyed.
I have some space left in my heart,
For the boy whose dad passed away,
Ominous fate looming large on his mom,
Her malignant tumor causing fast decay.
I have an empty corner in my heart,
For the girl who held a lifelong crush,
But couldn't disclose it to her man,
'Twas her grace to blame, for the hush.
I have yet some corners in my heart,
Vacant for the uncomplaining lovelorn,
Who've been pining with unrequited love,
Yet love they always would like to adorn.
My heart will always find some space
For the mourning bird that lost her mate,
Fallen to the gunshot of a happy hunter,
Whose wife wanted it be served on a platter.
Still my heart will have a lot of space,
For all those of you who might agree,
To have a peek at this beating heart,
And tap your toes in a rhythmic spree.
Come one and come all, if you think,
You would be happy with just a piece,
And not be bothered by who got what,
With everyone shall we live in peace.
10 March 2014
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Have A Corner by Khairul Ahsan )
Did you read them?
- You're Safe With Me, Michael McParland
- He bought Love, Charles Jagongo
- No veg', george albot
- All a Round, Ima Ryma
- And now, hold my hands O mortal!, Preeth Nambiar
- Kaamnaa (DESIRE), Aftab Alam
- Truth is his name, Aftab Alam
- Train to destiny, Aftab Alam
- The Best Day, Meriam Joseph
- Harken, The Rain comest, Sir Toby Moses
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Soldier, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)