I Have A Corner
I have a soft corner in my heart,
For the quiet, unobtrusive child,
Whose talent is often rated low
'Cause he is unassuming and mild.
I have a small corner in my heart,
For those whose kindness I enjoyed,
But couldn't return the favor in kind,
A pity that often gets me destroyed.
I have some space left in my heart,
For the boy whose dad passed away,
Ominous fate looming large on his mom,
Her malignant tumor causing fast decay.
I have an empty corner in my heart,
For the girl who held a lifelong crush,
But couldn't disclose it to her man,
'Twas her grace to blame, for the hush.
I have yet some corners in my heart,
Vacant for the uncomplaining lovelorn,
Who've been pining with unrequited love,
Yet love they always would like to adorn.
My heart will always find some space
For the mourning bird that lost her mate,
Fallen to the gunshot of a happy hunter,
Whose wife wanted it be served on a platter.
Still my heart will have a lot of space,
For all those of you who might agree,
To have a peek at this beating heart,
And tap your toes in a rhythmic spree.
Come one and come all, if you think,
You would be happy with just a piece,
And not be bothered by who got what,
With everyone shall we live in peace.
10 March 2014
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Have A Corner by Khairul Ahsan )
Did you read them?
- What's happen?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- PH: Humor: Women6Verses9Men - Who's On T.., Brian Johnston
- forgetting he-huckleberry, I ring-around.., Harindhar Reddy
- Ninja Nejla, Muzaffer Akin
- Design of Life, Rohit Sapra
- My Dear, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Daisies, Eugene Levich
- A Description Of Mercy, Giles Fletcher The Younger
- Until You Came Along, Shakeela Kingzley
- If you forget, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)