I Found Love
I dreamt tonight the strangest dream
A visit I had to youthful shores.
I dreamt of a lady in my dream
Of whom most I dreamt
In those past teenage years.
In my dream I sojourned
Once again upon the land of my favourite dream
This city had not much change
Since last I saw it.
The sublime street that constantly shifts
The flowered gardens that blossom always
And upon these street I once again walked.
As I toured the streets of my dream town
I walked to the place where I last saw her
And yes my her sit still to wait like she said she would
Suddenly it felt like yesterday,
All those dream years I never went there
She looked up with a smile
And she was the same young beauty of my teenage dream.
When last did I anchor upon these shores?
I had hide it in the shelve of maturity
And forgot that I kept it there.
I had forgotten what it felt like to dream of love
And wake up the morning after with a teeming happiness.
As we talked and walked in the dream town
All I had forgotten she showed me
And an amazing butterfly filled my stomach
And as the time came near that I leave
I wondered in my heart if I would ever be here again
But I know within I hope
She would wait for me again
That her beauty would not age.
And here I am awake
I sstill feel the butterfly in my stomach
I miss how it feels like when you dream about love.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Found Love by Precious Okidika )
- Treasure Island, Akhtar Jawad
- I Love You- -II, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burkhawalli, Tumhe Kis Karke Paya Ki Tum.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do Not Forget, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bade Miyan, Cchote Miyan Aur Bukhawalli, Bijay Kant Dubey
- z, Vera Sidhwa
- (A) Bio-Environ-P0em, Nyein Way
- Fobbed Off, Diane Hine
- The truth is, Brian Kilpatrick
- In our minds, Brian Kilpatrick
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Problematic!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)