I Found Love
I dreamt tonight the strangest dream
A visit I had to youthful shores.
I dreamt of a lady in my dream
Of whom most I dreamt
In those past teenage years.
In my dream I sojourned
Once again upon the land of my favourite dream
This city had not much change
Since last I saw it.
The sublime street that constantly shifts
The flowered gardens that blossom always
And upon these street I once again walked.
As I toured the streets of my dream town
I walked to the place where I last saw her
And yes my her sit still to wait like she said she would
Suddenly it felt like yesterday,
All those dream years I never went there
She looked up with a smile
And she was the same young beauty of my teenage dream.
When last did I anchor upon these shores?
I had hide it in the shelve of maturity
And forgot that I kept it there.
I had forgotten what it felt like to dream of love
And wake up the morning after with a teeming happiness.
As we talked and walked in the dream town
All I had forgotten she showed me
And an amazing butterfly filled my stomach
And as the time came near that I leave
I wondered in my heart if I would ever be here again
But I know within I hope
She would wait for me again
That her beauty would not age.
And here I am awake
I sstill feel the butterfly in my stomach
I miss how it feels like when you dream about love.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Found Love by Precious Okidika )
- Waiting In Revlon's Waiting Area, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mother & Daughter, Taimane Fanene
- Is This Love, John Foster
- Time without beginnings a better fiend, Mark Heathcote
- Pain Behind a fake Smile, Curtis Brown
- Faiths gate opens on a garden of peace, Mark Heathcote
- Emotional Hardship, Sandra Feldman
- Untouched, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- My Mother..., Taimane Fanene
- Ignoring Seasons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)