I'ev got you
I've got you right here
running through my mind,
towards the finish line yet unclear,
advancing with the threads of time.
Shadows of your love coming nearer,
to the labyrinth where hopes unwind,
I've got you serenading into my ear,
piercing tune with stitches that bind.
My soul to yours sweetly entwined,
upon a road paved with bliss to burst,
in splendor we’ll embrace a life sublime,
and love each other into fading dust.
When day has worn away towards sunset,
I've got you when the nights turn cold,
Having formed by minds our liquid asset,
You are greater value than paved gold.
I've got you sharing every moment’s success,
when pain has turn and triumph over failure;
I’ve got you with all those endearing riches,
but can this wealth be such a crime to fear?
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'ev got you by Gerry Legister )
- Make others do, gajanan mishra
- MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, AMADU KAMARA
- From Gandhiji's Quotes for Gandhi Jayanthi, Dr John Celes
- Seeing, Aparna Chatterjee
- O American Girl, Will You Take With You?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Woman in Love, Akhtar Jawad
- Endearing Love, Kwai Chee Low
- The Swing, Kwai Chee Low
- Price, Ashraful Alam Shikder
- Let The King Think, Ashraful Alam Shikder
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)