Ace Of Black Hearts
I Don't Recognize Him
Ambition is the horse I rode for things that never came.
The foundation of change.
Dreams in a small note book thrown into the fire.
A backpack a little emptier.
Weight shouldered for way too long.
Voices in my head asking me was it really worth it.
A shadows dismay.
Fortunes shine even in a clouded ray.
Breaking it all down.
Walking through a mirror backwards.
Reflections that consume.
Not part of upcoming story.
Faces no longer recognized.
A stranger in my own body.
Who is that guy.
Not me, not me.
Unending declarations with so little clarity.
The fog never lifts.
Choking on illusion that is not even mine.
Invaders of the mind.
The medication does not solve this disorientation.
Balance lost by the ear or foot?
Perspective in the form astral projection.
Look down on the inner being.
How can this be?
The man I never wanted to be.
But still here I am.
Squandered, minuscule, minute.
Raising my imaginary glass.
Cheers to the castration.
Criticizing every decision I make.
Oxygen fed through the tube straight into my mouth.
I just need to breath.
For a moment.
Only for a moment.
This is the disclosure of all eventualities.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Don't Recognize Him by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- Time without beginnings a better fiend, Mark Heathcote
- Pain Behind a fake Smile, Curtis Brown
- Faiths gate opens on a garden of peace, Mark Heathcote
- Emotional Hardship, Sandra Feldman
- Untouched, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- My Mother..., Taimane Fanene
- Ignoring Seasons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ephemera, Ian Nicholas McDowell
- Seeing light in Darkness, Aziz Akrish
- Mother! will I not be the saffron spot o.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)