I Dare Not ..... [ SHORT; wierd? HUMOUR/HUMOR; life; personal]
I dare not pick my nose in public, lest I set a bad example;
I dare not name women I think of, lest on-my-wife's-heart I trample;
I dare not miss brushing my teeth once a day, 'Bless My Soul! ',
lest I tempt 'Old Tooth Decay' to make another hole;
I dare not shoplift stuff from a store, as that would be naughty;
I dare not praise my poem too much, as that some would think haughty;
I dare not kill myself right away; I shall wait a while,
though the thought of the peace it may bring, brings to me a smile.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
she JUST called me from her cell phone to my cell phone. i'd better go down and give her a chance to apologize to me!
p.s. PH does not accept the spelling 'humour' in the topic field; it must be 'humor', as it should be of course! ! !
Comments about this poem (I Dare Not ..... [ SHORT; wierd? HUMOUR/HUMOR; life; personal] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Finger's Moving - A.S.L - Fresh cut dais.., sEaN nOrTh
- COPLA 70 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- The Ragged Men As Ph.D. Guides On Indian.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Fraud Scholar & The Ragged Ph.D. Gui.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Shadow & Raven Haiku, Chenou Liu
- I Will Bake a Cake, Chris Zachariou
- Frosted Torrents, Mishka Allport
- Opinion Vs Opinion, Kyle Schlicher
- Sunlight Crawling, Kyle Schlicher
- Experiment with Flute!, Geetha Jayakumar